I

Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

--

Black. Everything I see is black. I sigh as I cradle my newborn daughter in my arms, eyes remaining closed. Just thinking about how I almost took my own life months back has hot tears stinging my eyes. My baby would have perished with me, because of my own selfishness. If it wasn't for Taehyung taking my gun when he did, there's no telling what I would have really done. My emotions were insane, and seeing that the love of my life was on my hit list made my situation so much harder.

Once that gun went off, I blacked out. When I came to, I was covered in blood, in a hospital, and sick to my stomach when seeing Yoongi wasn't there by my side.

I thought I had killed him, which would explain the blood, but Taehyung said that he had untied Yoongi to help me. The blood was from me. I passed out from the stress and almost lost our baby. When they got me to the hospital, Yoongi told Taehyung everything he needed to know and arranged for Yoongi to leave town immediately. I was so angry, but so happy. I'm happy that my husband cooperated and didn't need to be killed. I'm angry that he left and didn't even contact me after.

8 months.

Yoongi has been gone for 8 months without a single trace, nor has he even attempted to contact me. I know it's best that he doesn't contact me much so that he can stay in the clear, but dammit, I'm his wife and mother of his child. I've gone through my entire pregnancy and now the birth of our daughter, without him. Lots of sleepless nights wondering if he was okay and if he is still thinking about us. My mind never leaves him, because I miss him. I miss him so much.

I gently caress my daughter's hair, hearing her tiny grunts and finally opening my eyes. Tears fall when I fully take a look at her face for the first time since giving birth to her over three hours ago. Man, she looks so much like him.

I want to give her his name, I want to so bad. The only reason I'm not is because I want my daughter away from this life. I've retired my life as an assassin and I'm able to live off of the benefits I've earned from my work. Namjoon understands and agrees that this isn't the life for a mother. My daughter will never know what I've done and who I've killed. She will never know about the reason I became an assassin. She will never know about how her mother was supposed to kill her father. And as sad as it is to say, she may not ever even know her father.

I just look at my precious girl, so in love with what carried for 9 months. Who knew I was capable of creating such a magnificent creature. Yoongi and I did one hell of a job in the creation process. I can't imagine my life without her now.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper to her, wiping away my tears with one hand as I softly caress her cheek. "I love you so much. I promise to always be here and protect you. You don't gotta worry 'bout a thing, baby girl. Momma's here."

I can't look away from her sleeping form. She's perfect, and she's everything I needed and more. I know Yoongi would be so in love with her if he was here.

It's crazy to think that he was completely wiped clean from South Korea. I can't find any of his records anywhere, except for his birth certificate. Taehyung doesn't even know where he's at.

There's a small knock at the door and I instruct them to come in. Taehyung comes in, holding a basket with so much baby stuff. I smile, nodding at him to come closer to see the baby. He sets the things down, coming over to give me a side hug, then requesting I scoot over. I do so, as comfortably as I can, before pointing to the hand sanitizer for him to put on. Once it has been absorbed into his skin, I pass him the baby. I smile at his gentle he is with her, his boxy smile shining as he coos at her.