G

•TRIGGER WARNING•
-Mention of suicide

~

"Yoongi."

I can't stop crying as I look at my husband in the chair before me. This all makes so much sense, yet no sense at all. My gut was correct in feeling the urge to let him go. This man is the love of my life, the father of my unborn child, my world. I could never do anything to harm him.

"What the hell is going on?" Taehyung asks in confusion, pacing the room as he shakes his head. "What the fuck, Olivia."

I feel the same way in my mind, but I can't say it. There's nothing that could have ever prepared me for this moment, and I'm speechless.

I wish I could turn back time, never even getting involved with the assassin's business. I only did it to avenge my parents. Once I did, I kept going on with the job, and falling in love with it. It had become my life, which is why my statistics became so high. That began to change once I found Yoongi. He became a part of my life, and now that we are expecting a child, he is my life. So what the hell am I supposed to do with all this information that is about to be thrown my way?

The man I love is waking, his eyes fluttering open and adjusting to the light. The affects of the drugs won't fully wear off, but it isn't much, so he will be comprehensive.

I'm still crouching, so I'm right in his face as he takes a deep breath and fully focuses on me. He frowns, drinking me in as he speaks hoarsely. "Olivia?"

I can't do this.

I wrap my arms around his tied up body, wanting nothing more but for this to be one big fucked up dream. I know it isn't, and that makes me cry harder. He's trying to soothe me, not even questioning what's going on and why he's tied up. I take my time, relishing in the feeling of my husband in my arms.

After a few minutes, he finally questions what's going on. "Where are we? Why am I tied up?"

Taehyung takes on the questioning, and I'm thankful as I'm unable to properly think. "Yoongi, I need you to be one hundred percent honest with me."

"Okay."

"Tell me everything about who you work for."

Yoongi's body tenses and he let's out a slight chuckle. "Fucking Jung ratted us out."

"Well?" Taehyung pushes.

I feel him move a bit, shaking his head I assume. "That's one bit of information I can't give out."

"Why are you doing this?" I cry softly. "Why?"

"To care for us, Liv." He responds softly. "So now will you tell me your real job since now you know mine?"

I look into his eyes, seeing genuine curiosity. I sigh, not wanting this to be the way I come clean. I have no choice, though.

"I'm an assassin." I reveal to my husband. "This mission was to kill you."

It's silent for a bit until he sighs, leaning forward as best as he can to place a kiss on my lips. I accept it, tears slipping from my eyes as I do so.

Yoongi smiles softly, nodding his head in understanding before he speaks. "Do what you have to do, baby."

"W-what?" My stomach twists into knots. He isnt— "No, I can't."

"This is your job. You can't leave empty handed, and I vowed death over giving up information about this job. If anybody is to kill me, I'd rather it be you."

What is he even saying? I quickly look over to Taehyung who has a look of shock on his face. This cannot happen. I will not let it happen.

"Yoongi," I swallow my sobs, wanting to sound as convincing as I can when speaking but I fail. "I can get you out. We can leave after this. I'll wipe our records clean, just please. Please tell us."

"They'll kill me before I get the chance to escape. That's why you need to do it."

"I love you too much," I continue to cry. "which is why it hurts me to have to do this."

"What?"

I don't think about my next words as I spew them out. "If you die, I'll kill myself."

"Olivia!" Taehyung yells, coming down to my level in front of Yoongi where they are both wide eyed. "No, Liv!"

"I'll do it." I say, looking right at Yoongi. "I'll fucking do it."

"Are you insane?" Yoongi asks me, eyes watering. "Don't do that. You have so much to keep living for, and I'm hindering that right now. Don't give me that much fucking power over you. You're carrying our child."

"That I will not raise alone. Would you really choose your job over me? Over the family we're building? You made a vow to me too, Yoongi. 'Til death do we part. If you have to die, so will I."

I stand up from my spot, quickly pulling my re-loaded gun out of my hoodie pocket and pointing it at the temple of my head. The cold metal of the object sends chills down my spine as I have never had a gun so close to me before. I've always been shot at, but never have I had a gun to my head. And I'm the one holding it. Both men gasp, not knowing what to say as they watch the tears stream from my eyes. I don't want to do it, but I refuse to kill the love of my life.

"Liv, baby." Yoongi cries. "These have got to be your hormones."

I chuckle humorlessly. "Maybe."

"Don't do anything stupid. Please."

"Tell me what I want to know. Or I pull the trigger."

It's silent, so silent that you can hear a pin drop. We stay this way for a few minutes, nobody moving.  It could be my hormones going haywire, but it could also be the fact that the love of my life would rather choose his work over me and our unborn child. That thought alone shatters my heart into pieces. I can't take that heartbreak. I click the safety off on my gun and press it further into my head. Both men plead with me as I cry hysterically.

Taehyung rushes over to me, Yoongi in the background yelling 'no'. The last thing any of us hear is the sound of my gun going off.

"POW!"

•◇•

Hi! There's only one more chapter left! I'm so excited to finally close out this intense story!!! 💕

.
.
~S.xx