N

"Stay in the car." Taehyung says to me.

I look at him like he's got 3 heads and cross my arms over my chest. "Like hell I am. Don't start this shit with me."

"Olivia, I'm serious." He sighs.

"And so am I. We went through this already." I quickly get out of the car and throw my hood on. "Let's go."

"Stubborn ass." I hear him say and I roll my eyes while adjusting my mask.

We look around the area together and see no sign of him. He should be here any minute, so we decide to split up and when we do is when I spot him. I have to blink to make sure it's him, but I know it's him. He's wearing the typical attire and has the bag that is to be switched. My adrenaline starts pumping and I rub my stomach, as if to assure my little bean that I'll protect them.

I keep my distance as I follow the man. He's alot quicker than Hoseok is and I almost lose him. I send a text to Taehyung quickly about my location and that I've found him. A few minutes pass and that's when the transaction happens. Picture perfect, just like the videos. The man wastes no time spotting the exit and leaving. I'm hot on his trail as I get my tranquilizer gun ready.

I follow him and he knows he's being followed when he starts to sprint. I continue to follow and am led to a dark building near the drop off area. I turn the location for my phone on and share it with Taehyung, so he can get to me fast. I look up and sigh as the man is out of my sight. He's in this building though, and I can feel his presence.

My stomach turns in knots as I close my eyes. Something isn't right about this situation. I almost want to say fuck it, leave, and let this man go. But why? This job is my life, so why would I give it up for just my gut instinct?

My eyes shoot open and I quickly move out of the way as a bullet flies past my arm. "Fuck."

I swiftly switch my guns out and shoot into the direction where the shot came from. I see his shadow moving quickly, dodging the bullets from my gun. We're shooting back and forth at each other, and it's truly a wonder that we haven't shot each other yet. My gun clicks and I huff in frustration as I've run out of bullets. I dash in his direction, not taking my eyes off of the man as he comes at me as well.

Before I know it, our fists are flying at each other. I'm throwing every punch I have and he blocks and ducks from them. I manage to get him in the gut and he slightly hunches over, but not before taking his leg and sweeping it under mine. I fall onto my back with a groan and I roll as he tries to punch me in the face. I do a quick kip up, kneeing him in the back and knocking him onto the ground. He rolls over and I climb on top of him, wrapping my arms around his throat. He's stronger than me, so he's able to get out from under me, while holding his throat and gasping for air.

We stand there, breathing heavily and I sigh in frustration. It's been a long time since I've met my match in any kind of combat. And oddly enough, the urge to kill this man is not there for me. Why am I not lunging at this man, and vice versa? What is going on here?

I wonder in my mind where Taehyung is, but not before I pull out my tranq gun and shoot it right at his arm. He hisses, pulling it out warily and stumbling a bit. It starts to take affect on him and he gets on his knees, but gets back up almost immediately. He is strong, that's for sure. That shit would knock anyone else out.

"Stay down, dammit!" I yell, frustrated at my lack of will to even do this with him.

These pregnancy hormones are getting me. That's it, I'm just hormonal. Not to mention, I want to not put so much stress on my baby. Maybe Taehyung was right. Maybe I shouldn't be on this mission.

I pace back and forth as I watch the effects of the shot overcome the man. Taehyung finally locates me and I'm relived to see him. It took him long enough. He has his gun out, pointing it at the wobbling man but lowers it once he sees his form. He runs over to me and checks me over. He touches my face and I wince, noticing a cut there.

"Did you fight him?" He looks down at the man, who is now passed out.

"Kind of."

"Goddammit, Liv." He whisper yells. "This shit is too dangerous for you. You should've stayed behind like I told you to."

"You're right."

"And don't try to me that I'm not right because- wait. I'm right?" He asks, shocked.

I nod. "Yes. You were right. I should've stayed behind. My hormones are getting the best of me. Taehyung, I can't kill this man."

"Why not?"

I shrug. "I don't know. There's this gut feeling I have, and it's telling me not to do it. I should've just listened to you and not even done this mission. I can't risk my baby's life and mess up my family."

"We'll talk about this later. Let's get him into the car and back to the building to question him when he wakes up. And leave his phone here."

I nod, going into the man's pocket and pulling out his phone. I place it on the ground and stomp on it, watching as the screen shatters. I also take his other phone that I assume is his personal one. Taehyung then lifts the man and carries him out of the dark building and places him into the car that he pulled around.

Our car ride is silent as we drive to our destination. It's a ways out, in the middle of nowhere. We arrive and Taehyung does all the heavy lifting getting him into the shack, similar to the one I had Hoseok in. Once we're inside, the drugged man is placed in a chair and tied down.

That weird feeling is still with me. That feeling of not wanting to harm him. I'm sure I'll lose that feeling when he wakes up.

"How long do you think he'll be out?" Taehyung asks me.

"Not much longer." I respond. "I used the low dosage gun."

He nods, tightening the ropes on the man. I look at my watch and see that it's getting late. I know I'll be here a while, so I pull out my phone to call Yoongi. I don't want him waiting up if I'm going to be all damn night. I place the phone to my ear and listen as it rings. My eyebrows furrow as my jacket pocket begins to vibrate.

My stomach falls out of my ass when I pull the phone out of my pocket. I shake my head, whispering to myself as I see my face plastered on the screen. "No no no."

"Liv?" Taehyung says softly. "You okay."

I drop the phone, shaking my head as tears run down my face. I dial Yoongi's number again, refusing to believe this is his phone. My end rings and just like before, my picture glows on the phone screen.

"What the fuck." Taehyung breathes out in confusion. "Why do you and this man have each other's numbers?"

"Look at the contact name." I sob.

He looks quickly before the phone stops ringing and he gasps. "This is Yoongi's phone. But how-"

I run over to the man sitting in the chair, who begins to stir awake. He's still very out of it, but he's groaning and slightly moving his head. I get down in front of him, slowly lifting his mask over his face. I break down into loud sobs as I watch the man in front of me come to.

My fingers run gently along his cheeks and his eyes flutter open, very drowsily. I can't stop crying, but I manage to speak in between them. "Yoongi."

•◇•

2 chapters left! I'm so excited!!! What do you think Olivia will do next? Let me know 💕

.
.
~S.xx