~31~ Freaking Freaker

Cameron POV
~Edited~

Watching Anna basically parkour her way to my car was honestly one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. She was the opposite of graceful which made it even funnier, but it also made me feel like the luckiest guy ever.

The girl I love —and yes, after spending time thinking about all the times we've had together and all the memories I share with her, I've concluded that I love her— loves, well we don't know about love, but at least likes me back. She made that even clearer when she responded to me after I asked her if she missed me as she jumped into my car.

"Of course I missed you... you.. you freaking freaker!

"No denial? No jokes? No sarcastic remarks? Also freaking freaker? Wow, your insults have gotten worse since we've been apart haven't they?"

"Hey shut up okay! I've been trying to avoid cursing and that was the best alternative. And no I'm not going to deny it because I was dying without you Cameron, dying!" She grabbed onto my shirt to emphasize her point.

"Okay, okay, I'll make sure to avoid ignoring you for a week in the future."

She let go of my shirt and while glaring at me she pointed her index and middle finger at her eyes and then at me. "You better not Black."

We started laughing together as I made my way out of the parking lot.

After a few minutes of silence, Anna broke the ice.

"So... are we gonna talk about the elephant in the room or even about, I don't know, where you're taking me?"

"Nope."

"Aww come on! You won't even tell me where we're going?"

"I'm pretty sure that's the definition of nope."

"So you changed your plan, didn't you?"

"Huh?"I asked, glancing over in her direction.

"Well you were originally gonna kill me on our mini-golf date, but realized it would be a bit hard so," she said stretching out the so. "You decided to get me to fall for you, earn my trust, make me think you were taking me on some romantic getaway after a bunch of really cute surprises and then murdering me with... hmm what's something creative?"

"I could just lure you into a room with a bunch of letters I wrote for you, then while you're reading them slowly fill the room with water. Then, before you realize it, you'll be drowning with no way to get out." I turned to glance at her again to gauge her reaction.

She had her head tilted in thought for a second then said, "Yep! That sounds about right."

She looked at me and laughed, then her eyes widened in realization. "Oh my god! You're going to murder me! Finally, you admit it! Wait that's not a good thing... You had this whole thing planned out! Oh great, I'm gonna die."

She dramatically sat back in her chair and fanned her face.

"Well... my life was nice while it lasted. Other than the fact that there was a man trying to kill anyone I had a relationship with for the past 3 years... and that my best friend had PTSD and I had to live with the pain of not knowing what to do for those same 3 years. But other than that it was pretty good."

I let out a big laugh at her dark humor. Yes, those things she was talking about were serious, but the atmosphere right now was light. No serious conversations yet. I had missed her so much in the past week. If this all goes well, then she'll be my girlfriend by the end of this and Tony won't be around anymore to stop it from happening. We'll be happy.

She smiled up at me while I was laughing. "This isn't funny! You're laughing at my pain."

"I'm not laughing at your pain. I'm laughing at how cute you are."

"I am not cute!" She huffed out.

She pouted, crossed her arms, and looked straight ahead while stealing glances at me every now and then. 

I chuckled and ruffled her hair a bit. "Sure."

We both stopped talking and I could tell she was filling the silence in her head by overthinking where we were going or what my plan was or a multitude of other things. I decided to turn on some music to try and stop her from getting lost in her thoughts and it seemed to be working.

"Oh my god! I love this song!" She screamed as "Senorita" by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello came on the radio.

She started singing along with the music and dancing to the beat in my car.

Land in Miami, the air was hot from summer rain

Sweat dripping off me, before I even knew her name la la la la

It felt like Ooh la la la, yeah, no

She looked like she was having fun, and I knew all the lyrics because of my little sister Camille. She's pretty much obsessed with Shawn Mendes and always blasts his music in the house and my car. Anyway, I decided to join in and she was surprised when she realized I knew the lyrics too and stopped singing.

Sapphire moonlight, we danced for hours in the sand 

Tequila sunrise, her body fit right in my hands la la la 

It felt like ooh, la, la, la, yeah

She quickly joined in after her surprise wore off and we jammed out in the car together.

I love it when you call me Señorita, I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya 

But every touch is ooh la, la, la, it's true la, la, la

Ooh, I should be running, ooh you know I love it when you call me Señorita 

I wish it wasn't so damn hard to leave ya

But every touch is ooh, la, la, la, it's true la, la, la 

Ooh, I should be running, ooh, you keep me coming for ya 

Anna and I danced and sang to the rest of the song, singing all the words and just having a great time. For a while, I forgot about Tony and the fact that what I'm about to do may or may not change our whole relationship dynamic. I even forget about the fact that she knows I love her, but I'm not sure if she loves me back. We were having fun and dancing. It was just me and her. Anna and Cameron, and nothing else really mattered.

After the song ended I realized how much I needed this to work, how much I needed her to give us a chance. I don't know what I'd do if our relationship changed. She'd still want to be friends, but it would be different, more strained and awkward and I didn't want that.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Before I knew it we were at the location. We listened to a few other songs and sang along on our way, but we finally made it. 

"We're... in the parking lot of a park?" She said after looking around with a confused expression.

"Yes ma'am."

"Uhm... where's the big surprise that you were hyping me up about befor- NO!"

I started laughing at her reaction to what I had in my hand. I was holding a blindfold and it was very reminiscent of our mini-golf date, our first real date. Actually, it was the very same blindfold. 

"I'm having major Déjà vu." She said, putting her head in her hands.

"This is going to sound suspicious but..." I lifted her head with my hand. "I'm going to need you to put this on."

She smirked up at me before saying, "How can I trust you when you might be trying to kill me?"

I mirrored her smirk and said my line, "Please Anna, it's for the surprise. Don't ruin my surprise."

"Fine! But I'm only doing it because I trust you,"  She paused. "Not because you just smirked and it was very attractive. Shut up and stop being so cocky, it wasn't even that cute."

I got out of the car and circled over to the passenger side to put on the blindfold over her eyes.

"Whatever you say, Anna."

"Just so you know I'm just as terrified as the last time."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After coaxing Anna out of the car, we started walking on the trail that led to our destination. There was a clearing in the middle of the trees behind the park and that's where we were going. I was only hoping that she enjoyed what I had planned for her. 

"Even though I probably already know the answer could you maybe consider letting me walk through these trees without a blindfold over my face."

Anna was currently clinging onto my arm like there was no tomorrow. She should know I wouldn't let her trip or anything like that, but she's walking extremely slow and testing out the ground in front of her before walking on it every few steps.

"Not really..."

"But... why!" She whined.

I laughed and pulled out my phone. "Stop for a second."

"Why? Is there a bear blocking the path? Or something dangerous? Please don't let it eat me!"

"There's nothing on the path, just give me a second."

I was on my phone looking for something that I knew would make her smile, and I was right. 

As soon as she heard it a huge grin spread across her face and all her worries seemed to melt away.

A/N
Hey guys!

I'm really proud of how this chapter, and the next few, have turned out! I'm not sure if I've said that in an author's note recently, but that's just how I'm feeling :) 

If you guys couldn't tell, the italicized writing were exact quotes from chapter 26 and they were just reenacting the scene for fun haha. 

What do you guys think is gonna be at the clearing? ;) 

Also, I added that little thing where Anna says Freaking Freaker because that's just something me and my friends say a lot, but let me know if I really made that up or if people say that all the time lolol

OKAY GUYS! As of right now when I'm posting this I have 972 reads :)))))) thank you all so much I love you guys!! And also if you liked please comment and vote it really motivates me :)

Much love, loves, 
;)Syd.