Chapter 16

"About Mark and Isabelle," I said.

"Not happening," Jace laughed. "They are like you and Yvette. I'm sure you two are very comfortable with each other and tease each other a lot! That's what Mark and Isabelle do. There is no way they are dating. Mark isn't that kind of man."

I shrugged and sat on the backrest of my couch. I lost my balance and stumbled backwards. Since Jace was holding my hand, he fell forward with me.

Just then, the door opened. We turned to look and saw that it was Yvette. "Oops! I didn't know you had company," she giggled. "I'll come back in a while. Continue doing whatever you were doing. Haha."

"No! It's okay," I laughed, blushing. We were in such an embarrassingly awkward position while Yvette walked in. I facepalmed internally. Somebody, save me.

"If you say so," she giggled and came into my apartment. She put some plastic bags on the table and exclaimed, "I bought some snacks for our sleepover. Please don't tell me you forgot about it because you were busy doing I don't know what with Jace."

"We were not doing anything," I sighed.

Jace looked at his phone and gasped. "Crap, I'm late. I forgot I was supposed to meet up with my bros. Sorry, I really have to go. They're going to kill me." He kissed me on the forehead and hurried to the door. "Bye!" he hollered and closed the door.

I turned back to look at my best friend. "I swear we didn't do anything. I was just showing him my talent in music. I played the violin and the cello for him!"

"Canon in D," she interjected.

"Indeed," I laughed.

She shook her head. "You're so obsessed with that song." She opened a packet of Doritos and munched on it. "And don't explain. I know why you love that song a lot."

I burst into laughter. I told the story of my mother to her so many times that she's probably sick of hearing it. I shrugged. I leaned towards her and took a handful of Doritos. It's our go-to snack. Every sleepover we have, there has to be Doritos.

"How are you and Jace going?" she asked.

"Awesome," I replied. Just then, I remembered that special photo I took that night at Jace's house. With a sly grin, I took out my phone and opened my photo album. Jace sent me the photo that night after he sent me home. Needless to say, I downloaded it immediately.

At that thought, I blushed. We had a deep passionate kiss at my door before we wished each other a good night. Oh, why am I even saying this? I opened the photo and shoved my phone under Yvette's face. "Look what I have here," I said.

She looked down and her eyes widened. "Oh my freaking God, you have a photo with Avery Hudson! I hate you, Bella!" she gasped, grabbing my phone.

I burst into laughter upon seeing her reaction. She has been a fan of her for way longer than I have. As I said before, she introduced her movies to me. I replied, "Don't I feel so blessed that my boyfriend is her son? I get the best of both worlds."

"You sneaky little pig," she muttered, narrowing her eyes. She brushed my phone screen, the part where Mrs Leighton's face is located, accidentally swiping away the photo. "I wish I was in your place but I don't like Jace that much."

"Why don't you like him?" I asked. What's there to not like about him?

She shrugged. "He seems like a nice person and all but he sounds too good to be true. I mean, listen to what you describe him as! You always say he's so handsome, so fit, so strong, so hot, so perfect..." she teased, imitating my tone.