Chapter 20

May. It's when the high school senior prom is held. I looked into the mirror and smiled. Aunt Elena had customised this beautiful royal blue dress for me. I grabbed my things and went downstairs with my aunt. Jace was waiting there.

"Let's take a photo to commemorate this moment," Aunt Elena said. She insisted that I attended the senior prom as it's a huge milestone in my life, or so she said. She snapped a photo of us and said, "You two look lovely."

"Thank you, Mrs Smith. Now, we really have to go. We don't want to be late for the prom, do we?" Jace said, glancing at me. I smiled. With that, we left.

We reached the school in no time. There was a long queue outside the school. They were marking our attendance. Just then, I saw Yvette and Roy in front of us and squealed, "Eve!"

She turned around and her eyes widened. She said, "Hi, Bella."

"Why did you come here with Roy again? Did you two get together after the Valentines' Day dance? Didn't you say he wasn't your type?" I leaned in and whispered.

"We're not dating. We only came here together for convenience sake," she replied. "We were both free so we came here together. Perhaps we would date in an alternate universe, also known as your dreams." She grinned sarcastically.

I shrugged. There was no point in asking further. If she doesn't intend to give me any details, she won't. We marked our attendance and entered the school. We watched as Yvette and Roy entered the school hall. I turned around and smirked at Jace. He chuckled.

I said that tonight was the high school senior prom. But I didn't say that we were going to attend it. Jace and I had other plans. While everyone's having fun in school, we're going to the Brooklyn Bridge.

We sneaked out of the school and got into his car. "This is probably the wildest thing I have ever done in my life," I laughed.

"How is this wild?" he asked.

"It feels like we're skipping school even though it isn't compulsory," I replied.

He guffawed out loud. Soon enough, we were in the Financial District. He parked the car and we walked to and onto the bridge.

I could feel the wind caressing my cheeks as my dress flowed along with it. I took a deep breath of fresh air and smiled. I looked around me. It's such a beautiful view. With Jace's hand in mine, we strolled along the bridge.

All of a sudden, Jace said, "Time flies. Five months have passed so quickly. It feels as if it was only yesterday when we shared our first kiss at my party. Look how far we've come."

"Yeah, I can't believe we're going to graduate very soon," I replied.

He nodded. "We are graduating soon. Gosh, I feel damn old. I'm going to miss high school."

I giggled. "What are your plans after we graduate?" I asked.

"I'm most likely going to study business at Harvard like my dad did. I have a family business to take over," he replied.

"Oh, my cousin Alfred also studies business at Harvard. Maybe you can talk to him there. He's a nice guy. He understands how you're feeling right now. He also has a family business to take over. It's good that you know what you want to do after high school," I said.

He nodded and asked, "What about you?"

I bit my lip before sighing, "I don't know. I've never really thought about it. I'm thinking of studying drama at Tisch or something. I've always wanted to be an actress." The smile on his face dissipated a little. I raised my eyebrow. "Why? What's wrong?"