Chapter-15

Eloise Nicole.

"Allow me to show you how beautiful life is."

"Allow me to teach you how to live happily."

"Allow me to teach you how to stay positive even in intense situations."

I stared at him in perplexity. He was totally opposite to the playful and joyous Daniel I met days ago. How can he be so optimistic? His way of thinking is a lot more different and I never met a person with this type of thinking ever before. His thoughts portrayed his way of living. It seemed like his life was like a smooth slide whereas mine was engraved with a grater.

Positivity; that's what my father said is lacking in my life. And now Daniel confirmed it too. I thought my life is full of lights and it was just the brightness blinding me but I never knew that my life was so monotonous.

The most important thing bugging me was why I told all this to him? I always keep everything to me then why I shared it with him? He even didn't force me to say anything but I blurted out everything as he'll understand my worries and surprisingly he did. And he didn't even laugh at me instead he offered his hand for help that too willingly.

Should I grab it? What if he's bluffing and just wants something in return?

"No, Eloise, don't go there, Daniel is not like that, you have seen it yourself." I scolded my inner self. If he could help me to bring positivity in my life then why not? I needed it. But will he be able to do that? If yes? Then how? Isn't he a busy man? Why would he spare time for me?

"Don't overthink, Eloi. It will lead you to nothing. It will only bring wrinkles on your face and will cause hair to fall. And I don't want that, I like your hair." His bright, smiling face pulled me out of the reverie. I chuckled at his explanation.

"You talk like you're a doctor," I asked mockingly.

"I am not. But if you allow, I can be a teacher." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Aren't you a busy man? Do you have time for all this?" I teased him a little but his reply made my mouth shut.

"I always make time for my dear ones. I'm never busy for them."

Dear ones? Does he consider me his dear one?

"Yes! I do consider you my dear one. You're my friend, after all."

Yes, Friend.

"So will you?" He asked looking at me.

"Yes, I will." I smiled warmly. I wanted to see where all this will take me.

"Then it's confirmed. I'll teach you the ways of living; ways to self entertain yourself. I'll show you how beautiful life is." He surprised me by coming down on his knees in front of me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I backed away in my seat when he put his hands on my knees. I couldn't ignore the increase in my breathing rate.

"Sealing the deal with a kiss, what else?" He didn't give me a chance to protest and kissed me on my cheek. A flutter of butterflies erupted in my stomach instantly.

It wasn't the first time he kissed my cheek, he did kiss my cheek on the first day we met and at that time I was annoyed by his action but this time it felt different. The soft-touch of his lips circulated warmness in my body.

I didn't know that his lips were still on my cheek until the doorbell rang. We abruptly pulled apart.

"Our food has arrived." He stood up and briskly walked away leaving me there; stunned, baffled, and giddy.