Chapter-44

Eloise Nicole

"Blue, white, red, black... Ugh! Which one should I wear?"

Putting the book aside that I was reading I paid attention to the confused man who couldn't decide which shirt to wear.

"You're behaving like a teenage girl going on her first date," I commented and earned a glare from Daniel.

"I wouldn't have been in this situation if you hadn't blasted a sudden bomb on my head." He grumbled, throwing the shirts on the couch and again went inside the closet.

"Who'd say this confused and puzzled man is an influential and powerful businessman who intimidate the business world?" I mumbled, shaking my head.

"I heard that!" He said, coming out of the closet with a few more shirts. "And fuck this 'influential businessman' shit." He again threw the shirts on the couch and looked at me with tiring eyes.

"Right now, I'm just Daniel Adams who is going to meet his girlfriend's father for the first time. It's normal human behavior, Eloi. I need to impress him."

Right, we were meeting my father today. I had called him in the morning and he told me about his wish to meet Daniel. So, I thought, why delay? But I didn't know that Daniel would turn into a mess.

And How do I tell him my father is already impressed by him?

Standing up from the bed I sauntered to him. "Oh, come on, Daniel. No need to worry-"

"Worry? I'm freaking out, Eloi!" He shrieked loudly. I almost shut my ears with my hands but stopped when he gave me a deathly glare. I snickered.

"You think it's funny?"

I rolled my eyes and picking up the white shirt I passed it to him. "Why are you stressing over clothes? You look handsome in everything you wear. And my father won't judge you on the basis of clothes."

"Then I should wear a rag instead."

I huffed angrily, glaring at him. "Let's do one thing. I'll call my father and inform him that we aren't coming as my boyfriend can't decide what to wear. What say?

Turning my back to him I started moving towards the bed to pick up my phone but I was stopped by strong arms that circled my waist.

"I'm sorry." He breathed against my neck. "I just don't wanna mess up things."

Facing him I cupped his face, looking into his eyes. "You'll not. You conquered the heart of my mother without doing anything and trust me dad is far way softer than mom. So don't overthink and be you."

He nodded his head, still unsure. "I hope it works."

"It will."

He pulled me in a sweet and long kiss and I poured my heart into it. I needed him to relax.

I could've told Daniel how my father was already impressed by him but I wanted him to impress my dad a little more...with his ways, with his playful ways.

:::::::::::::::

Arms crossed across the chest, eyebrows joined in a frown, eyes narrowed into slits, lips pursed into a thin line, my dad tried to intimidate Daniel.

I wasn't affected at all as I knew he was being dramatic, nothing else. But Daniel was affected. Tightening of his grip on my hand and his slightly trembling body was the proof.

"Hey, it's okay," I whispered, rubbing his arm with my other hand.

"Eloise, he's looking at me as if he wants to eat me alive." He whispered back, eyes focused on my father.