Chapter-47

Daniel Adams

"You may now kiss the bride."

As soon as those words left the mouth of the priest I claimed the lips of my wife.

"I had been waiting to kiss you as my wife," I whispered, resting my forehead against hers.

"I too had been waiting to kiss you as my husband." She mumbled, smiling.

Finally, I was married. Eloise became officially mine in the presence of God and our family. I vowed to love her, respect her, comfort her, protect her, and care for her for the rest of my life.

She looked like an angel when she walked down the aisle with her father and mother followed by the bridesmaids, Trish, Ariana, and Lauren. And not to forget the little flower girl, Amara, sitting in a decorated cart, wearing a huge crown on her head accompanied by one other flower girl. The groomsmen were obviously Sean, Evan, and Xavier.

I almost cried when I saw her approaching the altar. It was not only her who was coming to me but it was our baby too, growing day by day inside her. At that moment, I couldn't ask for more.

Now, I had my own little family. Now I knew what it feels like to have someone close to you that you can call officially yours. My Eloise, my love, our child, and our family.

"Welcome to married life, Mrs. Eloise Nicole Adams. I can't even tell you how happy I'm right now. And at the same, It feels like a dream." I whispered, grinning like a fool.

Eloise raised her hand and wiggled her fingers before my eyes, showing the wedding ring. "This surely isn't a dream, Mr. Adams."

"You truly got me entangled with you in your playful ways."

We both chuckled at her comment. Our friends and family were ecstatic to watch us getting married. Our family gave us blessings and then we headed to the reception hall.

"May I have the honor to dance with my wife?" I asked her, extending my hand for her.

"Sure, Husband." She bowed dramatically before grasping my hand.

I took her to the dance floor and possessively snaked my hands around her waist. Without taking our eyes off of each other we first danced to the slow music and then to the fast and loud music, enjoying every beat. I twirled her on the floor, took her in my arms, and swirled her around. We danced crazily without caring for anything in the world. It was our day to celebrate and no one could stop us from doing what we wanted. Her loud laughter was encouraging me to keep her on the dance floor, attached to me as she was enjoying every second of it and I wanted nothing else than that.

Eloise's father then asked for a dance with his daughter and I gladly gave her hand to him. I then stood near the stage, looking at her while she danced with her father. Xavier and Sean came and stood either side of me.

"It took me a little longer to realize but now I can proudly say that being married is the most beautiful feeling in the world."

It was Xavier who commented. And I couldn't agree more.

"It surely is," I mumbled.

"Well, I'm happy for both of you but I still don't understand what makes you so happy? I mean isn't being single gives you freedom? As a married man, you have to bear the tantrums of a single woman all your life. Isn't this boring?" Sean said.

"You do everything for love and bearing is not a correct word, Sean. It's being together in good and bad." Xavier explained to him.

"You'll learn soon, Sean," I smirked, facing him. "When you'll find the one, you won't be able to resist getting married to her. She'll give you the happiness you need."