20 | Retribution

"The Russians have started a war. They know about Lila," Luca Alfonso said looking at his seventeen year old son, Victor.

"Lila? How did they even got to know about her? I thought you'd kept her hidden."

Lila Alfonso. The Don's four year old little daughter.

To the world, Luca Alfonso's last born was dead. But in real, she was always kept hidden inside the four walls of the mansion.

Until someone decided to rat it out to the Russians and now they were coming for her.

Why her? Simple rule, the weakest is to be attacked first.

The rumors of Lila's death started when the Russians attacked the hospital the day she was born.

The day Mia's parents died protecting Don's one day old daughter. 

When he saw the poor kid, he decided to take her under his care. Only if he knew the true Mia.

"What are you going to do now?" Victor asked looking at his father who seemed to be lost in thoughts.

"Your mother has been asking to let her go for quite a while now. I'll send Lila with her."

"So you are saying that instead of finding out about the rat, you're going to send Lila away. What the hell dad?"

"It's not important right now. What's important is Lila's safety."

"She's safer with us. I'm not letting her go anywhere."

"Like you've a choice and I very well  know what I'm doing."

Victor knew he couldn't win against his dad. So he was forced to follow his order.

Victor and the brothers were told that everything was going to be temporary and once their dad had dealt with the Russians, he was going to bring her back.

Months passed into years and there was still not a sign of the feud to be over.

When the twins turned thirteen, they were told about the mafia and the reason their sister was sent away.

While Xander was his usual cool self, Xavier didn't take the news well.

He refused to believe that everything was done for Lila's protection. He was hell bent on proving that his dad was wrong.

And how was Victor supposed to explain him when he himself somewhere blamed his father for everything.

For he was the reason, Victor was forced to push away the person he held most dear.

His sister.

The helpless look on Victor's face didn't even last a second before it was replaced by a sinister smirk.

"Want to know a secret, John?" He growled in a deep menacing voice that made John cower in fear.

They didn't call Victor devil for nothing.