30 | Hint

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked Mia but she ignored me.

I just wanted to know as to what I have done to her so that she was willing to go as far as helping someone kidnap me.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I tried again.

"Can't you just shut up for a second?" She snapped.

"I just want to know-," I started but she cut me off.

"You want to know what? Why I hate you so much? Because you are the reason I lost my parents," She said pointing her finger accusingly at me.

"Huh?"

"Huh, what? Do you think this is the first time the Russians have attacked you?" She scoffed. "They attacked the hospital, the day you were born. Unfortunately, you survived but my parents died saving you. You know what the worst part was? I was there. I was there at the hospital to witness my parents being dragged down like animals and then shot to death. Everytime I look at you, I remember the reason they died. Everytime I look at your smiling face, I remember my parents bruised and battered faces covered with blood. Can't I even hate you for that?"

She fell on her knees and started crying. This was the first time I was seeing the bitchy and sassy Mia in that state.

"Don't I have that much right to hate to?"

I was speechless. I never knew the reason why Mia acted so cold and harsh towards me. Now that I knew it, I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt inside me. Even though it had nothing to do with me but still her parents died protecting me.

"I-It was all my fault," She stammered. I looked at her confused.

"I was the one who didn't listen to mother and played out in rain the day before. I was the one who fell sick. If not for me, they would've never gone to hospital that day. My parents did nothing wrong," She said looking at the ground and slowly shaking her head. "They did nothing wrong. They were not like your dad. They had nothing to do with mafia. T-They were just at the wrong place at a wrong time."

"Why did he save me then?"

"Because my father was a kind person. When he saw some men forcefully taking a baby away, he distracted them and hid you with me," She yelled. "He was not some monster like your dad. I lost my parents that day because of you and now you're going to pay for it with your life."

A humorless laugh escaped my mouth.

"You say that I'm dumb but look at yourself Mia," I scoffed. "You parents died saving me that's why you hate me so much, okay. That's a bit reasonable. But what are you doing? You joined hands with the Russians. The Russian Mafia. I was the reason but they were the ones who actually killed your parents. If in your eyes, I deserve death, don't they too?"

Her eyes widened for a second but she regained her composure quickly.

"Shut up," She yelled.

"What? Can't accept the truth?"

"You don't have to worry about that. It's my problem and I'll deal with it," She sneered.

Before I could say anything, a man entered the room.

"Come on Mia. We're leaving," He said.

Wait, I recognized that voice.

"Hey Lila," He said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked nonchalantly.

I was currently at the stage of life where nothing surprised me anymore. If the next person to enter the room was Draco Malfoy himself, I had probably believe that too.

"Wait, what's with that reaction? I was expecting something more interesting," He said smirking.

"In the past few hours, I had received more surprises than someone would in their entire lifetime. So, I'm kind of prepared for the worst."

"That's not good. I was looking forward to that scared and shocked expression. Guess, I should've come earlier."

"Shut up," I yelled. "What are you even doing here?"

"He was just a backup plan," Mia said. "After you saw Daniel for the first time that day, you stopped coming to school. We were afraid that you won't come out of your house ever again and we would lose the chance to kidnap you. So, we sent him to your house to make you trust him and do the job instead of Daniel."

Before I could say anything, Patrick's loud voice echoed in the room.

"What's taking you all so long? We have to leave now," He said.

Mia, Patrick and Alaric were the people I'd never imagined I'll ever see together but here they were standing in front of me, planning to do God knows what.

"Where are we going again?" I asked.

"You'll see," Mia whispered in my ear.

A sharp pain shot in my neck and everything blacked out.

~

"Why did you even come here?" Xavier shouted for the millionth time looking at his father.

He was supposed to handle the situation with Mia but all he did was to mess it even more. He himself presented his daughter to the enemies and gave them the wonderful opportunity to take her away.

"Calm down, Xavier. Your shouting won't do anything," Elijah snapped who was restlessly pacing backa nd forth in the room.

It had been so many hours since Lila had gone missing but there was not even a single clue yet. Even her phone was lying near the mansion itself.

The Italian was not doubt the most dangerous and powerful Mafia in the world but this time there enemy was faceless.

After what their father did thirty years ago, even though the Russian Mafia became significantly weak but they actually gained strength by going lowkey.

No one knew who their leader was, where they lived, who worked with them. Even the person sitting next to you could potentially be a part of it. That was their biggest advantage.

While everyone was busy thinking of some kind of possible hint when a person entered.

"What now?" Elijah asked.

"Someone sent this," He answered dropping a paper on the table.

Victor picked it up and went through its content while the twins stood on each of his side, reading it too.

"You couldn't be possibly falling for that. It could be a trap," Xander said.

"Do you have any other idea?" Xavier snapped at his twin.

"What is it?" Damien asked desperately.

"It's the location of some warehouse. They are asking to bring John along."

Was it worth to take the risk?