26 | Fight

"What is he doing here?" I asked to no one in particular.

"He is our father Lila. He can come and go as he pleases." Victor, obviously, was the one who replied.

"Your father, not mine."

"Lila-," Victor said in a warning tone but I completely ignored him, my attention solely on the man standing before me.

"I thought it was some business meeting," I said looking at Damien.

"He came here for business only and we didn't tell you because we thought you would be upset."

"You thought?" I let out a laugh.

This was what the problem was. They think and get to decide what's right and what's wrong for me and despite the decision being made for me, all I get to do is follow their orders.

"I don't even see what was the reason to lie here. You could have just told me that he is coming and I would have decided whether I wanted to meet him or not," I said raising my arms in disbelief.

"We didn't want to upset you."

"Okay! I understand," I nodded. "You lied this time for my own good. What about Alaric then? Why did you lie about him cancelling the sessions?"

"How did you?"

"That doesn't matter, just tell me the reason."

"Lila listen, calm down." I turned around to look at my father who took the initiative to speak when all of my brothers fell silent.

"I don't even want to talk to you," I deadpanned.

"I know you don't like me but listen-," He began but was cut off by my humorless laugh.

"Don't like? I hate you Dad." The resentment I felt towards this man was far greater than mere disliking. "Why did you even come here?"

"I didn't have a choice. Mia is-,"

I didn't hear what he said. The only word that stood out for me was Mia. Of course, he came here for her. 

"Mia," I scoffed. "I knew it. It's always about her, isn't it?" I asked. "Why don't you just disown me and adopt her? I have been living on my own for the past years anyways while she was enjoying all of this luxury. You just got to legalize it."

"Shut up Lila," Victor said through gritted teeth. "Why do you always act like some mature grown up always, like you understand everything? Act like your age for once."

"You are seriously asking me why do I act so mature always? It was not like I had a choice. I was forced to grow up, to fend for myself," I shouted the last part.

"Yes, you had a choice. You could have come to us but instead you decided to run away to some orphanage," Father said.

That was it, I'd lost the last ounce of patience I had. A full blown laugh escaped my mouth. Everyone was looking at me as if I'd gone crazy while I just kept laughing.

"I would've definitely come to you if you were just a bit willing to accept me," I snapped. "Do you still remember the day I called you, four years ago? Do you know what day it was? The day I ran away. The very same day John almost raped me-,"

I was cut off by Victor.

"Lila," He had shouted.

"What? Embarrassed to hear the truth? Yes, John almost raped me that day and none of you were there to protect me from him." I turned around to face father. "Instead when I called him to ask for help, he just cut the call without hearing even a word. So tell me dad, was I still supposed to come running to you?"

"It's not what you think. We had our own reasons," He said.

"What reasons? Let me hear them too."

"We can't tell you that, now."

"Of course, you won't tell me anything and still want me to trust you and believe everything you say like a fool. You know what, I'm so done with this shit."

"You have to learn living like that. We can't tell you everything. Don't let me rethink the decision of bringing you back, Lila."

"Dad, stop it already," Xavier who had been quietly watching everything, finally said.

"Like I wanted to be back?" I laughed like he had said the funniest thing on earth.

The whole room was suddenly filled with deadly silence.

"You seriously don't think that, do you dad? Sorry but for your kind information, I would love to be anywhere but here right now.

Hell, I would live in that shabby orphanage with that psychotic caretaker than with you guys under the same roof.

Had it not been your eldest son, who just suddenly occurred out of nowhere and became my legal guardian, I would have been living my perfectly normal and peaceful life."

By the time I finished my rant, everyone was looking at me with a mixture of emotions.

"Okay," Father said. "You don't want to be here. So what are you going to do? Run away from here too? Let me see how you will do that."

I scoffed.

"Okay! Just watch then," I said in almost a whisper.

Walking to the main door, I opened it and quickly ran out. Climbing off the front gate, I was finally out of that suffocating mansion.

Climbing walls and gates was my area of expertise. I had done it so many times back at the orphanage.

"Where do you think you are going, Lila?" Victor shouted from behind me but I was already a safe distance away from them.

It was what I was good at after all, running away.

"Anywhere but here," I replied.

I knew where exactly I had to go. By the time, I reached my destination, I was breathing heavily. Taking out my phone, I texted him.

Me:
Where are you?

The reply was instant.

Daniel:
At the small restaurant near the school, to buy dinner.

Me:
I'm at that small playground near your dorms. Come fast and help me sneak in.

Daniel:
What?
What happened?
Why are you out at this time?
Just wait there, I'm coming in five.

Me:
Okay!

As he said, I waited there for him. But there was no sign of Daniel even after ten minutes.

When I was about to text him again, I heard some noise from behind. Just as I was about to turn around, something hard hit my head. And then everything blacked out.

It was indeed the silence before the storm.

~

Vote
Comment
Share
<3