forty-eight.

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT;
I'M NOT DYING A VIRGIN.

"this isn't helpful, mike," a pink-cheeked el complained as her boyfriend pressed soft kisses in the crook of her neck from behind her.

mike hummed before mumbling against her skin, "it's very helpful. you unpack, i kiss. it's efficient."

she giggled, giving up on the task of unpacking her suitcases because he was far too distracting. "what exactly do you plan to say when one of my grandparents come in, huh?"

his hair tickled her jaw as he trailed up her neck. "i'll tell them you got stung by a bee and i'm looking for the stinger," he responded, rubbing his hands down her arms.

"wow, you've thought of everything, huh?" she joked before turning around in his arms and leaning up to connect their lips in a quick kiss. "i love you, but i want to finish unpacking as soon as possible. preferably before we meet up with everyone later."

he groaned, folding his arms around her waist and pulling her even closer. "i don't want to meet up with everyone. you're my girlfriend, and i haven't seen you in, like, a week."

"aw, poor baby," she teased, cupping his cheek. "now, help me unpack or watch me unpack. just stop distracting me."

he huffed before releasing her and plopping down on the bed right beside her opened suitcase. "there's so many clothes," he whined, picking through the materials.

"yes, well, i can't very well go to school naked, can i?" she sarcastically replied, grabbing some shirts.

he smirked. "i mean, i wouldn't complain but you might get a dress code violation or something."

she gasped and swatted him with the first fluffy sock she could find, "stop being such a perv, michael!"

he chuckled and grabbed the sock from her, "stop hitting me with socks!"

she rolled her eyes and shook her head before returning to the task of unpacking her surplus of clothing.

/ / /

"guys, are you sure this is a good idea?" el hesitantly asked, gripping mike's hand for dear life as the group treaded through the dense woods.

she heard max giggle, "it'll be fine. the app says the coordinate it right here over the hill."

after the group of teenagers finished off their ice cream, dustin proposed they go randonauting and max already had the app downloaded. el recently saw a tiktok where a group of kids found a dead body whilst randonauting so she was very against the idea. her fears obviously didn't rank priority considering they've been walking through the woods for the past half hour.

mike lightly squeezed her hand. "it'll be fine. if we see anything that even looks like it could be a dead body, you and i will go back to my car," he tried to assure though it did little to comfort her.

"god, i hope there's a dead body. wouldn't that be so cool? nothing ever happens here," dustin whined, doing a terrible job at holding the flashlight for anyone but himself to see.

el's eyes widened. "um, is it too late to go back to new castle?"

her boyfriend pressed a soft kiss to her cheek, "yes."