nine

Once they arrived at a park right next to the Brooklyn Bridge, Draco pulled her out to the field. She laughed and shook her head. The snow was falling slowly, magically. Draco stood for a moment, looking at the city surrounding him. One place he never thought he would be was America. One place he wasn't expecting to be happy was America. Andie bit her lip, walking up to her man. She grabbed his hand, and he turned to look at her.

She peered up as he looked down. He smiled breathlessly, admiring her features. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, wrapping his arms around his waist. Andie turned a bright shade of red, Draco could tell even in the dark. He cupped her face, suddenly bringing their frozen lips together. They instantly warmed up, pulling each other closer. They pulled away, and laughed together. The surrealness of the moment collapsed on their shoulders.

A few minutes later, they were inside a restaurant, and Andie was giddy as all heck. Draco's smile faded slightly, and he thought about what he needed to do. What he needed to say. "Andie." he said seriously. She stopped talking, looking at him. The brunette noticed his change of emotion, and her eyebrows furrowed. "Draco?" she asked, laughing softly.

Draco paused. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to tell her he can make a stick do crazy things. Andie laughed softly, looking around. "I haven't seen our waiter in so long, I need some more water." Draco remembered how he told Teresa, and looked at Andie's water cup. "Darling," he said softly, Andie turning to him. He pulled his wand out slowly, watching her quizzical eyes. He picked up the cup, pointing the wand into it. He looked around, making sure no one else was watching. "Aguamenti." he whispered, and water filled back up.

Andie starred, and she didn't move. Draco slowly set the cup back down, putting his wand away. Moments passed, and Andie didn't speak. She slowly picked the water up, looking into it. Her eyes moved quickly to Draco, then the water. "Just drink it." Draco begged, his eyes full of worry. Andie trusted him, she wasn't sure why at this point, but she trusted him. She brought the cup to her lips and drank the water. It tasted like... water.

"I-I don't understand." she whispered, looking up at Draco. "I'm a wizard, Andie. I can use a wand, like the one I just used, and do wonderous things. MY mission is from the Ministry of Magic, London. That's why I'm here. That's why the picture moved." he explained. Andie laughed softly, putting her head on her forehead. "You-a wiz- that's not even-" she laughed loudly. Purely out of shock, but again, she believed him. She was battling her own head. Wizards don't exist. There is no such thing as a wizard.

"Andie, my darling, this changes nothing." Draco whispered, desperate for her to accept him. After letting Hermione go, he couldn't let this one go. He couldn't let Andie go. The thought of her leaving hurt his heart. He wouldn't ever attempt love again. " You don't know how much I've done to protect you." he chuckled, rubbing his forehead. Andie looked at him, right in his eyes. She took a deep breath and nodded. "I believe you." she whispered. Draco's heart thumped fast, his eyes wide. "You-" Andie nodded. "I believe you have more stories?" she asked, drinking her water. Draco smiled wide, nodding.

Draco walked with Andie, his arm wrapped around her waist. She fit perfectly into his side, and they walked quietly through the streets. Draco kissed her head, breathing in the smell of roses. "Stay with me tonight." Draco whispered, looking down at her. Andie looked up at him, nodding. "We have to stop and feed my cat." she whispered back. Draco didn't mind, but instead waited patiently in her doorway as she fed her orange cat. The 25-year-old was in perfect bliss. He watched Andie dance around her apartment, a small grin on his face. "Bathroom, and then we can go." Andie told him. He nodded, staying silent.

They hadn't known each other for long, but even within a month, people find their mates. 

Draco was almost certain he had found his.