Chapter 17: Stuck

I had never done this before and I never want to do this again.

I don't know what compelled my body do it but it just did. I woke up at 4:30am and couldn't fall back asleep so I passed the time by going through some of my social media accounts and playing some games on my phone till I got bored and decided it was time to get ready for school.

I showered, brushed my teeth, picked out a simple outfit; a tank top with my purple hoodie and black leggings. I completed the look with my white Nike converse.

I rushed downstairs to make my favourite blueberry pancakes for the family.
I woke up even before mom so I had the time.

After about 45 minutes or so, when I was frying the last pancake, mom came downstairs wearing a fuzzy blue robe.

"Your up early April. Anything special happening in school today?" She came over to where I was frying to grab a pancake and tasted it.

"Well I couldn't sleep so I decided to make breakfast." I shrugged as i flipped the pancake.

"Thank you sweetie and try to get some sleep. After all school starts in two hours." She finished her pancake and walked back upstairs.

"Save the rest of the food in the fridge.

I served my self some pancakes then the rest as mom requested

I went to the living room to have breakfast and watch a little TV.
I decided on some cartoons.

20 minutes into the show, i turned it off and went to my room to get some sleep.

I woke up an hour later and rushed to the mirror to fix my hair and my face. I stuffed my books into my bag.

"Bye everyone." I announced then rushed out the living room door.

~

The literature teacher went on and on in her depressing voice about the book we were currently focusing on; Romeo and Juliet.

My head was propped up using my hand, occasionally slipping from it as I struggled to keep my self awake.

I hadn't seen Michael all day, only Avery, who sympathized with me before she went for science class.

The bell rang, signalling the end of third period. I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the class happy that it was all over.

On my way to my locker, I saw Michael leaning on one of the lockers, flipping through a book.
His eyebrows were furrowed and his face contorted in a frustrated expression. A clear indication that he was trying to understand something.

I walked up to him "Hey Michael, how's it going."

He glanced at me briefly before returning his attention back to the book. "Hey April." His tone was so dull and uninterested. It no longer held the usual Cheerfulness and Optimism.

"I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make it even though I promised too, but when I got home o realised that I didn't have your number or ask you where you lived and..."

"April its Okay." He said, cutting my ramble short. " Up till now, I didn't even remember I never gave you my address."

"Sorry for the attitude."

"Its Okay. So you can Go ahead and give me your number now."

He chuckled then brought out a piece of pen and paper from his locker and scribbled the address on it before handing it to me.

He had written down a his phone number and address on it.

I also got a piece of paper and wrote down my address and my house phone number then handed it to him.