56

Lisa's POV

Right after the night that we took care of Mr Kang. I immediately fly back to London because of an urgent board meeting. Jennie fly back to London the next day with Mr Kang since he's all good now. He rested for a day and told Jennie that it bore him so much that he chose to just go back to work.

"You look tired" I told Jennie while we're walking towards the conference room because of the meeting.

"Thanks " she said sarcastically while looking ahead "I finished so much work after we went home from the hospital" she explained making me nod. When we walk inside the conference room the stockholders are already there greeting me with a quick bow.

"Let's start" I said. I walk straight to the other end of the table and stood there waiting for everyone to take their seats. I look towards my secretary who has the folder full of the files I need for the meeting but before she can even walk towards me Irene stood up to grab the folder from her so she can hand it over to me.

"Did you had a good sleep?" I nodded while she's smiling at me "I didn't get to grab a dinner with you when you went back here cause I'm working with Ms Kang, Jisoo told me you were with Ms Kim" she said referring to Jennie

"Yes, I went to South Korea after my trip to Finland" I said honestly

"Ah, you saw Jennie in Korea"

"No " I said making her brows furrow "I was with her in Finland as well"

"Let's start Ms Manoban" one stockholder said cutting Irene off from saying anything. Irene hand the folder over to me before taking her seat. I followed Irene with my eyes and good thing Seulgi immediately talked to her to keep her mind away from what I just said. I'm well aware that Irene still likes me and my statement may hurt her but I am always honest with her about how I feel and what I do. I am very clear when I told her that I can't like her back.. I just want Irene and I to remain friends that's all.

"Okay, about this.."

The whole meeting goes on. Seulgi successfuly kept Irene busy so she didn't really look up to me that much. Irene is also very professional when it comes to work. If she's working she doesn't really bring a lot of personal things with her. Jennie's just quiet on her seat and I can see how her eyes are so tired that she can barely open them up.. she looks pale as well.

Once our meeting ended some of the stockholders approached me about their concerns. I answered them one by one while Seulgi, Jisoo, Irene and Jennie's just standing there probably waiting for me.

"Alright, thank you Ms Manoban" they said making me nod before they walk out of the office leaving us 5 here

"Let's eat lunch" Jisoo suggested while putting her phone on her pocket. I nodded and turn to look at Jennie but she doesn't seem to have a lot of energy

"Sure " I shortly replied. Both Seulgi and Irene just nodded even though Irene can't look at me straight in my eyes.. probably because of what I said earlier. We walk out of the room and saw Mr Kang and a couple of guards waiting for us. Jisoo and I are next to each other while we're walking through the hallway. Jennie's infront of us with Mr Kang next to her. Seulgi and Irene are behind us.

"What should we eat?" Jisoo ask while we're both looking ahead

"I have no idea-" I got cut off when Jennie fell down suddenly but Mr Kang immediately catch her before she can even fall down. I stiffen and stare at them for a couple of seconds before running towards them and kneeling down to look at Jennie

"I'll take her" Mr Kang said making me look up to him. He seems as worried as I am so I give him some space as he lift up Jennie before running towards the elevator leaving the rest of us there.

"Jennie's probably too exhausted.. " Jisoo said right beside me "Chaeyoung told me she didn't get enough sleep and has been working non stop so she can leave Korea and go here immediately " I honestly feel really bad after hearing that. Jennie has been doing a lot just so we can get back together. She's hanging around here a lot of time just to see me,  when she can just go back to Korea and rest as much as she wanted. "I'll go and call Chaeyoung" Jisoo said leaving Seulgi, Irene and I here

"I think I left my phone inside " Irene stated

"Wait here Ms Bae, I'll go look for it" Seulgi said as she walk inside the room without knowing that Irene just did that to make her leave. How did I know? Well she's already staring at me like she's ready to say a thousand words

"So you were with her while you're gone?"

"I am"

"And do you feel something towards her"

"I dont"

"Your action speaks louder tho. You literally run towards her when she fainted. It seems like you still care... a lot"

"I was just startled by what happened "

"Lisa... just tell me the truth. Chasing after you without the need to go against someone is already dumb and it hurts me a lot but chasing after you knowing that you still like someone is straight up selfish of me" she said as a tear run down her face "I didn't give you up expecting that somehow there will be something like a miracle that can make you change your mind but who am I kidding anyway"

"Irene I've been very clear about my feelings for you. I am sorry that you're hurting... I really am"

"This is my choice Lisa but I want you to also tell me if you like her... so I can now try to stop liking you" she said wiping her tears away

"I don't know.." Irene look at me while I put my head down looking at the floor "and I don't want to find out Irene" I lift my head up and look straight into her eyes "I'm scared that it will all just end up the same way "