eight

𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕒

everyone was worried about john b. everyone also didn't want to show that they were worried because reese was freaking out. when jj finally got her to breath and relax he promised her another popsicle.

the only reason he had ruined the other popsicle was because the way she was sucking on it made him think about other stuff... you know. he hadn't stopped thinking about the fact that she liked him.

she was drunk. he kept telling himself that, but deep down he knew it wasn't true and either way they could never be more than friends john b would kill them. speaking of john b....

reese's pov

"guys it's been a while now do you think he found anything?" i asked the group and jj nodded putting an arm around me. "oh definitely he did i mean he probably found a bag of money and more guns like the ones from the motel." he said.

"shit the cops are coming." pope said and jj immediately pushed me off the boat and leaned of the edge. i came up coughing and jj shushed me. if they see me here they'll take john b and i away.

i couldn't hear much, but i heard shoupe ask if he could check out the boat. i could feel him step on it so i ducked down. after a minute or so i went under water and i saw down the 10 feet by keis shirt.

john b was about to go up and i grabbed him pulling him back. after a minute i was about to pass out and i swam back up. i came up slowly hearing their boat drive away and i started panting and coughing up water.

jj pulled me on the boat and i continued to cough. "are you okay?" kei asked putting a towel around me. "ye-yeah i'm good why didn't john b come up yet?" i said worried i thought he was behind me. "he's definitely out of air." pope said and just them john b came up.

"thank god we were worried about you." kei said. she had been very flirty with him since the whole dcs thing came up. "yeah i ran out of air." he said. "did you find anything?" jj asked and john b slung a black bag on the ship. "hell yeah." i said as we pulled him on the boat.

i turned around and saw a boat speeding towards us and while everyone was talking about the bag about to open it i stopped them. "umm guys do you know them?" i asked pointing towards the boat. "shit let's go." john b said as jj started to pull the anchor up.

"don't wait on me just go." he said and they drove off really quickly. john b started to drive off and we all looked back. the boat was definitely following us and the men on it looked creepy. "go into the marsh." pope said and he turned driving through it.

they sped up and were gaining on us as kei told john b to go faster. we were now going full speed as i face ahead of us when i heard kei scream. "he has a gun get down!" she yelled as jj pulled me down. he was on top of me as i yelled at john b, "john get down!!"

they continued to shoot when i had an idea. i pushes jj off of me and went to the front of the boat. "what the hell reese get down." jj yelled at me. i didn't listen as i grabbed a fishing net and heard a shot ring. it clipped the side of my shoulder as i threw the net in.

their boat stopped and they cussed out as the distance between us increased. they shot again not hitting or even getting close to us as everyone cheered. "wow reeses that was hot. what's gotten into you?" jj said hugging me as john b drove off.

i shrugged before grabbing my shoulder in pain seeing blood running down my arm. it wasn't bad it just freaked me out i hate seeing stuff like that. "oh my god did you get shot?" jj said and everyone ran up to me worried.

"i— i not shot ju-st grazed." i said shaking and he held onto me so i could stay up. i started to black out as everyone was yelling at each other. pope grabbed the first aid kit and then i passed out.

after reese had passed out and pope bandaged her up john b was being a worried brother. they took her in the château and put her in her bed. they taped an ice pack to her shoulder where the bandage was and went outside.

they sat the bag down guessing what was in it. "oh just open the bag already." pope said on edge from the group being attacked. "woah weird outburst of emotion there pope." jj said back as him and john b talked.

"sorry the anticipation is just killing me." he said and they all agreed opening the bag. jj made remarks about how much money he thought was in it and they opened the can only to find a compass.

"really? we almost died for this useless piece of junk?" jj said and pope nodded with him. "this was my dads." john b said and everyone was shocked. he grabbed it standing up.

"he's trying to talk to us i know it he's still out there. you guys don't tell reese though i don't want her in more danger than she already puts herself in." john b said. "wait why it's her dad too?" kei said. "to keep her safe. i'll tell her when i figure out what he's trying to tell us." john b said.

as they talked reese started to wake up and grabbed her shoulder thinking it was a dream. she couldn't believe how bold of a move that was. she used to would have never done anything like that, but wanted to keep everyone alive.

the only thing she could think about was how jj said it was hot what she did. she knew she should've taken it with a grain of salt because he said that about kei earlier, but she didn't.

what the hell? i can't believe i got shot. well i mean not really but still. maybe jj will see me differently now. whatever i need to stop living my life off of what he thinks of me.

i mean he already told me he couldn't like me in that way. i need to grow up and move on this crush has lasted a little bit too long. i mean it's been what like years since and i'm pretty sure i read something once that said crushes shouldn't last over a year.

i stood up and took the ice pack off of me and walked out back. kei was playing the ukelele and singing as i joined her. everyone asked me if i was okay especially john b and jj. you could tell they were really worried and smothering me.

"you guys i'm fine i just don't like seeing that much blood you know." i said to them and the messed up my hair as we layed put all night.