twenty

𝕚 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕟𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦

it was a whole nother episode of pogues vs. kooks. rafe and barry were swinging at whoever they could which included a few punches at the girls. after reese was punched and had a bloody lip jj went crazy. he tried to knock them both, but the pinned him down.

that's when pope arrived and to put it shortly beat the shit out of them. the girls had to pull him off before he killed someone and they left. "reese are you okay?" jj asked as reese grabbed napkins dabbing her lip off. "i'm fine i just hope john b isn't there yet." she said looking forward as we pulled up at the dock.

reese's pov

"pope are you okay?" i asked him and he was looking pretty mad. "no i'm so fucking sick of them." he said and i nodded understanding. pope was finally coming out of his shell and becoming true pogue. a pogue who always put their friends needs first.

we were starting to load up the boat and i was starting to get anxious. we were almost done and john b was no where in site. all of us were already on edge so this was making the situation worse. "dude where is he?" kei asked and i shrugged. "i hope he gets here soon." i said and jj put an arm on me. "it's fine just give him a second i'm sure he'll be here soon." he said and i nodded.

"i hope so." i said and as i said that a cop car was pulling up. "shit." we all said. "get back on the boat get back on the boat untie it." jj said pulling me into him. as we panicked none other than john fucking b got out. "no effing way." i said running up and hugging him. kei hugged him after and he looked at the boat.

jj was walking off. "it wasn't easy bro but i got the phantom for ya and she runs like she was born yesterday. almost as fast as reese over here." he said tossing him the keys and we all laughed. well all except john b. "where's sarah?" he asked and my face immediately saddened.

"she's not with you?" kei asked and he shook his head in a state of shock. "no we got separated in the swamp she said she was going to meet me here." he said grabbing the rail. "i'm sure she'll be here." i told him rubbing his arm. "well i'm not leaving without her." he said and it kind of upset me.

"so you'll take her, but not me?" i asked him and he looked at me and hugged me. "i don't want you to get hurt or get in trouble okay your life is still good. sarah can't go back to her dad." he said and while i understood it was hard to cope with. my brother was leaving for probably all of summer. what was i going to do without his overprotectiveness?

"john b look at me. it may be hard to leave her now, but you have to go. you've got plenty of gas and plenty of food and once you get to that point it's a straight shot okay." he said looking at me and back to john b. "lay low for a couples weeks then cross the border okay you got that?" jj continued. "you got that?" he said grabbing his face.

"yeah yeah." he said about to cry as he got on the boat. "hey i'm sorry for throwing us off a cliff with this treasure hunt thing." he said and i jumped on the boat hugging him. "please let me go with you." i said tears going down my face and he hugged me back. "i just can't reese it's too dangerous i don't want wars involving you." he said and i nodded as jj pulled me back.

we all hugged and looked at john b. "pogue style." jj said. "pogue style." he whispered almost crying, but not. "get out of here please the cops are probably coming." i said and pope added. "yeah you should go." and he finally started leaving. i looked over to him. "i love you bird." i yelled out. "i love you reeses cup." he yelled and i laughed with tears going down my face.

everyone hugged me and tried to cheer me up convincing me he would be okay. "i just want to be alone for a second." i said as i walked a little bit away from them and sat down. i looked back at everyone and saw pope and kei kissing. i stood up as i started hearing sirens close and told jj.

"hey guys uh sorry to ruin the party but we gotta go now." he said as we all went to go to the car we were suddenly surrounded by cops. they got out of the car screaming and getting guns out. we all put our hands out. "jj i see you living up to your name pope this isn't a fucking game where the hell did he go?" shoupe asked then looked at me.

"come on reese we need your brother where the hell is he?" he asked getting in my face. "he didn't do it." i said calmly and then we were all take to the station set up for the man hunt against my brother. we all sat waiting as a storm started to form. we just all talked and as the night went on it started to storm pretty bad.

it had been god knows how long now when the officers walked in the tent. we all stood up and walked towards them. shoupe took his hood off and looked at us. "did you find him?" pope asked shoupe looked at all of us and shook his head. "no." he said and i let out a sigh in relief. "so they got away?" kei said and i added on. "he didn't do it shoupe. that's why they ran away." i said to him and hugged jj.

"why is no one else excited?" i asked looking at them before looking back at shoupe who looked upset. "what?" i asked him confused. "we... we uh we lost them." he said and i nodded at him. "i know. he got away you said that." i said not wanting to comprehend what he really meant. i knew what he meant i was just in denial.

"no reese i— i'm sorry." shoupe said and pope looked at him angry. "you lost them?" "like they're gone what are you talking about?" pope said to him. "we took an open boat into a tropical depression. "they're dead?" kei asked grabbing my hand and squeezing it. i closed my eyes waiting to hear the good news that they were alive. "we don't know." shoupe said and i stood there in shock. "no. he isn't dead. he can't be dead. sarah can't be dead. my— my brother isn't dead. okay HE ISNT DEAD!" i said lunging forward but pope pulled me back.

"you drove them straight through the storm man. ARE YOU KIDDING ME." jj said attacking shoupe and was pulled back. by other officers. "jj get off." kei said trying not to cry as pope hugged me. i hugged him back crying. "he can't be gone. h-he can't be." i said to him as he held me. pope pulled away as he went and got in shoupes face. "he didn't kill him and you know it." he said trying to hold himself together.

"we're still looking for him alright." he said trying to calm us down and i looked at him. "y-you let him go-into the storm.. you kill-killed him." i said falling to my knees. just then kei's parents walked in and hugged her as she cried. something i would never have again. my family will never hug me again. i don't have family anymore.

popes family came in and hugged him as i continued to sit there. i was pulled to the side by shoupe who hugged me but i just sat there. "i'm so sorry reese. i tried my best to keep him safe he just wouldn't budge."shoupe said to me. "i hate to tell you this but ward cameron tried to talk him out of it and john b said to him that he killed his father. do you have any reason to believe he's dead?" the agent asked.

"are you kidding me she just lost her brother okay not now." shoupe said pulling him away from me. i couldn't do anything but just sit in shock. now my dads dead too? i lost my entire family. i couldn't hear, i couldn't see, i couldn't breathe, and i couldn't cry. i just sat in pain all alone. in the corner of the room.

everyone came and hugged me crying and i just sat there not even able to react. i just lost everything. my entire family is gone. i don't have one anymore. "reese are you okay?" jj asked crying as he kissed my cheek and hugged me. i just sat there and nodded showing no emotion.