eleven

𝕟𝕠 𝕚 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨

they pulled up to the drive in movies and all went to their seat. kei and reese didn't know the event that went down earlier, but jj was on edge. see pope had been beat up by rafe and topper when he took groceries and jj was mad.

he gave pope the 'smart'  idea to take the plug from toppers boat. pope was very mad and agreed, but now was shitting his pants scared. meanwhile john b was having the time of his life with sarah cameron toppers girlfriend.

this night was going to be a shit show.

reese's pov

we were sitting waiting for the movie to start. jj looked pissed off and pope looked paranoid. "what the hell did you guys do?" i asked picking up on the energy around them. "yeah y'all are acting weird." kei said.

"what if they say something? they know." pope said and jj grabbed him. "deny deny deny. if they come at us i'm coming out swinging i'm on edge right now." he said. "i can protect you pope i got this." he said grabbing his backpack.

"please tell me you didn't bring the gun here." kei said mad. i was probably even more mad than her. "jj what the actual fuck there is kids here stop being a dumbass." i said. "no i didn't bring it you guys chill." he said and i could tell he was lying.

"i'm going to get drinks coke's right?" she said and pope and jj nodded. she got up and walked to the concessions. "seriously y'all what did you do?" i asked worried about popes scholarship. "nothing reese we did nothing. this is grown up things you're just a little kid." jj said and i immediately got up.

"why the hell do you still think i'm 8 years old i'm barley a year younger than you. you know what fuck you." i said and sat by pope. "that's not what i meant reese." he said and i rolled my eyes. "sure it's not." i said and leaned into pope. "you're the smartest pope i hope you didn't do something jj would do." i said to him and he looked scared.

kei came back with their drinks. "rafe told you guys to watch it so i know you did something." she said sitting down. we watched the movie and about halfway through pope whispers, "i gotta take a leak dude." "no. rafe and topper are covering the bathroom hold it in." jj said. "i can't i drank to much soda." he said. "come with me." "where are y'all going?" i asked pope. "to wring it out." jj said and i rolled my eyes.

"why are they still not back it's been like 5 minutes." i said worried. "i'm gonna go see if they're alright." i said to kei as i stood up walking where they went. i noticed topper and rafe and kelce were no where to be found as well. i walked over and heard people fighting. i ran behind the screen and saw the brawl.

i immediately went and pushed rafe off of jj and went to push kelce off of pope, but before i could get to them topper grabbed me and pinned me on the floor. he started chocking me and i was reaching around trying to push him off. jj then punched him in the face and he fell back. i stood up and tried to help pope. kei came and started hitting them with the backpack.

i was really mad and could barley breathe. i went to hit rafe again, but he punched me right in the face. i immediately fell to the ground and blacked out. i was trying to get back up when i smelt smoke and someone picked me up. i passed out after that.

i woke up and i was in my bed again. jj sat on the bed beside me and when he saw my eyes open he immediately hugged me. "i'm so sorry reese." he said. "yeah what the hell do you guys do?" i said back to him confused as to why rafe would hit a girl.

"we may have sunk toppers boat." "what do you mean i hope you're lying. that boat was so expensive." i said upset with his behavior. it's one thing to drink and smoke, but sink a boat that's a new level of trouble.

"look he beat up pope man just for bringing groceries okay i was angry and i told pope to get back at him." he said and i looked up at him and sat up. "jj you're better than that okay and pope is way better you should've known better." i said to him and he got up. "well sorry but i actually don't know better. they strike we strike." he said getting mad. "jj look at me." he looked down and i hugged him.

"i just can't stand seeing them hurt y'all. i could literally kill rafe for hurting you." he said and i looked up at him. "don't worry about it jj i can fend for myself. contrary to popular belief i really am grown up okay i'm not a kid anymore." i said to him and he looked to me.

"i know you aren't. i just want to protect you from everything. i don't want you to end up like me or like every other girl on this island. you're different." he looked down at me staring into my eyes the whole time. "jj there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way you act okay. i hope i meet someone that's like you that could actually be with me. you have the best personality ever okay." i said to him grabbing his shoulder.

"stop thinking you're some horrible person okay you aren't." i said to him. "please don't change reese." he said and i smiled at him. "i'm not changing okay i'm just growing up." i said and he leaned into me whispering, "don't grow up to fast it's a cruel world." i whisper back, "i know." i then licked his ear the outside of it not the inside and stood up.

we went to popes house to help his dad when the cops came. "i have a warrant for the arrest of pope heyward." "shoupe on what charge?" mr. heyward said and i freaked out. they handcuffed him and walked him over to the car. "it wasn't him it was me." i heard jj say and my heart dropped.

"no jj-" i grabbed onto him and he looked back to me and mouthed i'll be fine before walking over. "yeah it was me okay not him." "j-" "no for once in my life let me to the god damned truth okay." he said as he was handcuffed. "was it him?" shoupe asked. "it was all me okay i was angry at them for beating pope up." "i didn't ask you i asked them." "yeah it was him." pope said and i started crying.

"no it was me." i said our really fast. "shut up reese don't do that you weren't even there okay." jj said and i hugged pope as they took him away. "his dads gonna have to get him pope." i said and he hugged me. "i know reese i'm so sorry this is my fault."

"no it isn't are you serious pope it's not either of yalls. it's the stupid kooks. jj was right they always win." i said and mr. heyward looked at us. "you better explain to me what the hell just happened pope." he said and i looked between them. "i'm gonna leave you guys alone. i'll see you around." i said going to keis house and telling her what happened.

"you're going to the midsummers party with me tomorrow." she said and i knew rafe would be their. "okay."