THREE

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

A S H E S O F R O S E S

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

Willa had never been big on parties. They were just social events in which the adults tried to one up each other with how grand their life was while the children gossiped over who would be dancing with who for the evening. It was all quite annoying in Willa's opinion and thankfully her family and friends were not at all like the others.

Seeing as most of the people in attendance that evening were either her family or her friends made the night more bearable than the rest. However, Willa would do anything to be out of the stuffy ballroom and on the streets looking for demons or in the Devil's Tavern reading her favorite book.

She had to remind herself that she was here for James, but seeing as her brother had only danced with her once at the very beginning of the night before ditching her, it was getting harder and harder to find her will to stick around. Especially now with James off somewhere finding Matthew who had yet to make an appearance and Lucie dancing with Thomas in the middle of the room.

That left Willa wandering around the room in the silk red dress she had worn for the occasion, her eyes on the look out for Christopher who was no doubt lost in thought somewhere. The fact concerned her a little, but Christopher had gotten better over the years so she knew he wouldn't be blowing anything up tonight.

Unable to find the boy, Willa was about to give up when someone behind her cleared their throat. Turning around with a confused look on her face, Willa relaxed almost instantly at the sight of her father standing there with a loving smile on her face as he offered a hand out to her.

"Willy, if it's not too embarrassing to dance with your old man, would you care to join me?" Will asked, a soft smile on his face as he looked down at the girl.

"As long as you're able to keep up, then I think I can power through one dance with you," Willa jokingly said, a chuckle escaping both of their lips before Willa reached out and took her father's hand.

Will brought the girl towards the center of the floor and Willa saw her mother glancing their way with a small smile on her face before she had disappeared amongst the crowd of people. Willa turned her attention back to her father and Will held his daughter close as he stared down at her adoringly.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight, caraid. You look more and more like your mother every day," Will complimented and when she looked up at him with those grey-blue eyes of hers she swore he melted under her gaze just like he always did when he looked at her and her siblings.