TWENTY-ONE

just a quick reminder for you all that in the prologue i said that this is the second time that matthew breaks willa's heart sooooo (it won't happen in this chapter ahaha but just like mentally prepare yourselves). here's a super long chapter as an early apology :))

 here's a super long chapter as an early apology :))

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

B U R N

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

The first time Willa awoke from the unconsciousness that had surrounded her since the moment she fell into her bed, she found Jem Carstairs standing beside her, his hood creating a shadow over his face as his head tilted down towards her.

Even through her drowsiness, Willa still managed that infamous smile of hers, her eyes slowly blinking as she whispered to the Silent Brother, "Uncle Jem."

If Jem could've smiled he would've. Willa could just tell by the tone of his voice that slowly swirled through her head, warming her up as if he had given her a big hug.

Willa. How are you feeling?

The Herondale went to sit up, wincing slightly due to the soreness of her muscles and the sharp pain that still lingered in her arm and body from the poison. "Just fine," Willa replied and she imagined Jem giving her a look that he would've given to her father when they were younger.

You are so much like your father sometimes, you know that?

He gently took ahold of her arm, applying healing runes while Willa watched him thoughtfully. "Is that so bad?" she questioned with a teasing smirk.

No, never.

Willa's smirk turned into a smile at that and she let out a small yawn as Jem let her arm drop back down to her side.

There, that should help you to heal a bit faster and alleviate the pain you claim to not have.

The dark haired girl chuckled softly before looking down at her arm, her eyes flickering over the new runes before she stopped on the four crescent shaped marks upon her wrist. Willa swallowed thickly as her fingers brushed against the healing wounds, a small frown appearing on her face.

I assume you wish to talk, to receive answers for what has happened.

Willa gulped before glancing up at the man, nodding slightly in response. She let out a sigh as her hand clenched into a small fist. "This all has to do with my powers, doesn't it? Similar to the ones Jamie has in the sense that they come from our mother, but different because of what I am able to do," Willa told him.