SEVEN

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

F A L L O F S O N G S

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

Willa was almost glad she hadn't seen her brother since he arrived home after his little adventure the previous night. She was sure she would've attacked him and whether that be with a hug or her fist, she was unsure.

She had never seen James disappear the way that he had, never seen him not return. It had been so alarming to her that she had spent hours practically tearing the Institute apart looking for her twin with Matthew by her side while Thomas and Christopher attempted to calm them down. But Willa was unable to calm her nerves, her father's shouts in Welsh still ringing through her head and putting her on edge.

Willa had been unable to sleep that night and had spent the night at her cousin's house so that Christopher could help keep both her and Thomas distracted from the topic of their siblings. Matthew had gone home, so Willa spent the night and morning with Christopher and Thomas and attempted to keep her wits about her.

It wasn't until the morning that she found out James had gotten home, but it was the fact that he had been found in Chiswick that had concerned her and made her beyond furious. She didn't understand why James couldn't have tried to contact them in some way, even if it had been as simple as dropping by to let them know he was alright.

Instead she had to find out from her mother when Willa had stopped by to change into new clothes for the day and the best part was that James wasn't even home. He had rushed off to Matthew's house and that only made Willa even more frustrated than she already was.

That's why she found herself storming up to the Fairchilds' front door with Thomas and Christopher behind her, both boys not uttering a word for they knew she was angry. She stopped with a huff on the doorstep and was quick to knock on the door. The door swung open almost instantly and Willa couldn't help but soften at the sight of Henry who was giving them all a grin that resembled Matthew's.

"Henry," Willa greeted warmly, that smile of hers appearing on her face and making Henry melt. "How are you?"

"I'm doing just fine, my dear. Come in, come in," Henry immediately said, rolling backward in order to allow the three to step in. "Matthew and James are in the back garden. Matthew had said something about reading a book surrounded by the uncritical beauties of nature and James only just arrived a couple of moments before yourselves."

"Thank you, Henry," Willa smiled, bending down to press a small kiss to the old man's cheek before she was off in the direction of the back door with Thomas and Christopher still trailing behind her.