NINE

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

D E A D L Y W I N E

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

It wasn't until Willa was walking down the alley with Matthew, Cordelia, and Anna that she realized what she had just said to the blonde. Her eyes widened slightly, her breath leaving her lungs, while she glanced over at Matthew who she had literally just said was 'worth the world' to in Welsh.

Thankfully Matthew didn't know much Welsh if any, so she knew he hadn't understood what she said but Willa was still freaking out. She just had no idea where that had even come from. It had slipped out. Although deep down she knew what it meant. Willa was just too afraid to admit it.

Willa was so deep in her own thoughts she hadn't realized a door had suddenly risen in the middle of the alley until Matthew was grabbing ahold of her wrist and pulling her back before she hit it. Blinking in surprise, the dark haired girl glanced towards the blonde who smirked and said, "You should really watch where you're going next time, mon coeur."

The girl didn't respond and merely looked away, ignoring the way Matthew's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she gently took her hand out of Matthew's hold and hurried after Anna who had walked through the door.

They entered a narrow hallway with walls covered in red tapestries and a red door at the end. As they approached the door, Willa felt a presence beside her and glanced over to see Cordelia looking apprehensively around while also taking a step closer to her.

Willa smiled softly at the sight and opened her mouth to whisper reassurance when Matthew said, "When this place is not home to the salon, it is a gaming house. There is even a trapdoor in the roof, so that if they are raided by police, the gamesters can escape over the eaves."

The door suddenly flew open and Willa jumped in surprise before looking towards the newcomer who was a tall man in an iron-gray jacket and trousers. His hair was stark white, his eyes a dark purple, while his face was young and sharp.

Willa instantly put that Herondale smile on hers on her face and was quick to move past the others and over to the man as she exclaimed, "Malcolm!"

The warlock glanced her way, instantly grinning as he reached out to hug the girl who he had somehow managed to become friends with over the years she had spent attending the club with Anna and Matthew. "Willa, my dear. As always, it is lovely to see you," Malcolm greeted, smiling fondly at the girl before letting her go and allowing his eyes to flicker over the others.

"Four of you this time?" he questioned, glancing over at Anna who nodded in response.

"Four," Anna agreed.