Chapter 23

What I hate is what he likes!

I was dreaming.

I knew I am.

I was dreaming of a white and fluffy rabbit being chased by a large wolf. The wolf looks like it's been starved for years while it looks at the rabbit as if it is he's meal.

Then I was awaken by someone caressing my hair. It was soft and light, I also get a whiff of a pleasant smell near me.

Then I opened my eyes and closed them tightly.

I think I'm still dreaming.

If I'm not still dreaming then can someone explain to me why Wei Xiu is looking at me with a gaze full of tenderness. Those peach blossom eyes gazing at you with such warmth and doting.

Tell me, did he do something wrong to me while I was sleeping so he decided to look at me with such gaze like that?

I kept repeating the word "get off now" on my head and thankfully, his hand left my hair and I almost sighed loudly.

I didn't know what came to me, I mean I can always push his hand or bite him but I didn't.

What is wrong with me?

Thud!

"Liu Ying! Why are you still sleeping?!" I hear the familiar voice of Feng Mian and heaved a sigh of relief.

I acted like I just woke up and rubbed my eyes, ignoring the burning gaze of someone, I stood up on my seat.

But of course fate just wanted to mess with me again and I tripped into an unfamiliar thing making me braced a painful impact.

Then I was held by a warm embrace and looked up. Seeing Wei Xiu's close face, I immediately get myself out of his hold and run towards the door.

I could hear Feng Mian's shout amidst the students chatter and ignore the lingering heat that came from Wei Xiu.

I think I'm burning up, yes, I just need some cold water to cool myself down.

I trudge down the stairs and went into the girls bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I need to get myself together!

Slapping myself, I ignore the pain from my slap and breathed in and out to calm myself. What happened earlier must be a fragment of my imagination, yep, it's just that.

I must be crazy!

I walked towards our usual spot and waited for the four of them. Biting my nails, I swung my foot everytime I looked back to see if their here already.

"Ying"

I almost shout in panick when I heard Wei Xiu's voice. Looking back, I almost run again when I was held by my wrist. He was gripping it tight making me feel all flustered. I don't even know why I feel embarrassed and uncomfortable!

"Wei Xiu you freak! Get your hands off of me!" I yelled at him while I stepped on his foot but he didn't even budge.

I fiercely glared at him and almost smack his annoying face when he smile with a mocking look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I blurted out angrily.

"I heard that you didn't even get a hold of the ball all the way till the game ends"

This prick!

My initial embarrassment left my body and it was now filled with burning fury as I hit him in his arms and shoulders with my one hand.

It's like this every time he got ahold of my weakness. Always teasing me about it and wouldn't shut up how good he is in this particular thing.

I wonder whose mouth I'm gonna rip off for being too chatty.

"Feng Mian told me" he added while he lowered his gaze to meet mine. "You're not good in basketball?" He asked with an obvious tint of teasing on his face.

Grr! I'm gonna kill you Feng Mian!

"I'm good at it! Much more awesome than you! I'm just giving the girls a chance so I didn't play!" I know I'm spouting off nonsense but who cares, as long as I can beat this guy I would even exercise.

"Wow, the two of you are fighting again?" Ming Chen said with a grin on his stupid face.

"I don't even think they're gonna stop, ever" Feng Mian added, which is a bit unusual since she indirectly agreed to her archenemy's words.

"You two shouldn't fight" my darling Aifen said which made my annoyance dwindle.

Wei Xiu let me off and strode towards the gate without us. I sneered in anger and held Aifen and Feng Mian's hands in fear that they'll be brainwashed by these two guys.

"I'll practice playing basketball!" I told Feng Mian whose eyes are as large as a tennis ball.

"What?! Don't you think you're clearly not good at balls or any other sports?"

Yep, that's the harsh truth but still! I need to fight Wei Xiu! I won't back down in a fight just like that!

I'm not a coward!

"I can teach you" Ming Chen's usual flirty voice floated around our conversation.

As always, Feng Mian's eyes were glaring at Ming Chen. She's giving him the stink eye while I nudge him.

"Really? Are your skills much higher than Wei Xiu?" I asked him in which he returned with a knowing grin.

"Oh, I'm good at shooting than him" he said with a knowing smile, there's something behind his words but I didn't think no more.

Meanwhile, Feng Mian has already slapped Ming Chen's head while Aifen blushed like a cooked shrimp making me frown in thoughts.

Wei Xiu on the other hand seems like a superhuman with superb hearing and heard Ming Chen's words which made him halt his step.

"Stop saying such dirty words" he said with a displeased expression and took Ming Chen's collar taking him away from us.

Ming Chen managed to winked at us when he was suddenly tugged by no other than Wei Xiu. Seriously, I would never associate Ming Chen as a close friend of Wei Xiu.

Anyways, as long as someone is better than Wei Xiu! I'm willing to compromise!

The only purpose in my life is to beat Wei Xiu!

***
Hi people!!! Thank you for the reads and the votes!! I hope you like this chapter!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!