Chapter 43

First day of becoming a third year student!

There wasn't really too much to say, school was boring as hell!

As if I was admitted into a prison and an asylum combined, students are always looking down and taking down notes or reading through textbooks.

Now that I've become a third year student, it just made things worse. I have to wake up to study and sleep late studying, it's all about studying!

Ah! I hate my highschool life now!

But at least I still have my friends and my darling Aifen. I wonder how Wei Xiu's mark decreased, is he finally becoming insane from studying too much?

Anyways, here I am again, trying to not doze off and be sent outside the classroom. Classic! We're currently doing a study period or should I say, studying on our own without the teacher's supervision.

If I just slept at this time, I would probably be banned to the classroom.

It's the end of the class, the time where all my fatigue has accumulated and was now in the brink of losing. So I can only pinch my legs and wait for the bell to ring before I could get out of this prison.

After a few more minutes, I was finally able to breathe when the bell rang. I saw Wei Xiu calmly folding his textbook as I saw a glimpse of his notepad filled with words I couldn't even understand.

"Liu Ying"

I was brought back to life and turned my sight away from Wei Xiu to meet Feng Mian's eyes.

"Let's go home?" She said while I nodded, swiftly taking my mess and stuffing it all in my bag in one go before taking a look at Wei Xiu.

He already finished packing his things away and went to our seat, his gaze turned towards me with a look of 'What are you still doing?'

I took my bag and harrumphed at him before taking Feng Mian's wrist. We still need to wait for Ming Chen and my darling Aifen.

Soon, the two of them arrived and greeted us with nods. Ming Chen on the other hand continued to his daily pestering and made Feng Mian annoyed again.

The two shouted in the distance as I looked at my right and saw Wei Xiu, his ears were now plugged in ear phones. Then I notice that Aifen seemed a bit dejected so I leaned to her and asked.

"Is everything alright with you?" I whispered, afraid for everyone to hear, I held her wrist and stood still and after seeing that the other three has a decent amount of space between us, I urged her to talk.

"So?"

"It's just..." She bit her lips, her eyes look dejected and her body is hunched down. "The other girls in my class...they don't seem to...like m-me" her voice sound fragile and my heart aches at the sight of her downcast figure.

"Aifen...you're... girls are afraid of other girls. I think it's because you're too beautiful, I know, it's not your fault and it will never be. Just...I'll help you find a friend in your class okay? A true friend! That's right!"

My eyes glowed in the afternoon setting as I finally thought of a plan. Girls are weird, they hate their own peers because of their looks and judged them too easily.

Even as a girl myself, I knew how crazy our minds are. Girls are crazy and that's an absolute fact.

I think we should have a plan, something to do with Aifen having a new true friend in her class!

At least she won't be too sad? Right?

"No...Liu Ying I- I don't think that's a good idea' she murmured softly.

"But-"

I saw the disappointment in her eyes, it was only a glimpse but it truly broke my heart.

"Just...I'll find a way" she said and slip away from me and walked on her own.

I stood there with my mouth agape, heart beating so fast from fear and now, I have an absurd thought.

It- It doesn't make sense! How can she- no, what...uh...

What do I do?

I think I made her angry!

No!

I was about to run to her when I saw that we're already on the train station. She waved goodbye along with Ming Chen and Feng Mian. I didn't even have the time to apologise to her when she boarded the train without looking back.

At that scene, I felt like my heart broke once more.

Me and Wei Xiu boarded the train, he immediately shut his eyes. Meanwhile,  I was seated in silence as I took my time to think about the words that I said earlier.

I tried to think of something, anything, that made her snap in anger like that.

I really, really want to be like Wei Xiu right now. To be able think logically and solve problems without encountering any problems, I wanted it right now.

Recalling her avoidance and the look of disappointment in her eyes made me teared up.

We soon reached our destination and he opened his eyes. Then he looked at my red rimmed eyes.

All of a sudden I was blinded by darkness and when I looked, it was a piece of cloth or his sweater- that took my sight away.

He draped his sweater on my head and at his actions, I suddenly grew enraged. Did he think that my head is a hanger?! This dog man!

I pushed his sweater away from my head and glared at him angrily. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"You dog man! Why did you blocked my sight?! Am I your personal hanger?!" I poured my anger to him, I knew it was wrong of me but you know girls.

They're crazy- well, we are crazy.

***
Hi people! I hope you like this chapter! Thank you so much for the votes and the comments! Really appreciate them!

Stay safe as always!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!