Chapter 9 || Confessions

(y/n) sighed and lightly slapped her face with both hands, earning a few stares from the people around her. She hasn't been able to think clearly since yesterday. She was thankful that today was a Saturday. She managed to avoid Kenma on her way home by leaving right after practice, but she knew she couldn't avoid him for long. She was bound to see him again on Monday, if not in the morning then during class or practice. 

It wasn't like she didn't want to see Kenma, she did but...she didn't. At least not yet. Or maybe she wanted to see him sooner to get it over with, but she wasn't entirely sure that was a good idea. (y/n) didn't know. All her thoughts and emotions were a jumbled mess and she didn't even know how to start organizing them. 

Exiting the train, (y/n) opened her phone as she looked over the list of things she needed to buy. Pancakes was low on food and litter so her parents asked her to buy some. (y/n) figured that she'd also restock on her school supplies since she was running out of mostly everything. She also didn't mind going out this time, it would be better than leaving her alone with her thoughts in her room.

(y/n) brought a bag with her, hoping that it would help lessen the load on her arms, but she knew that her arms would still be aching at the end of the day. It would've been easier if Kuroo and Kenma were here, knowing that the boys would always be happy to help (actually it would be Kuroo doing the hard labor and Kenma being there for moral support), but there was no way (y/n) was going to face Kenma the day after everything happened. Seeing Kuroo wouldn't be any better since she knew the male would only be teasing her the whole time. 

Making her way to the school supplies section, (y/n) scanned the aisles looking for whiteout. The girl preferred to write using a pencil but her history teacher was adamant about using a pen. He was one of the oldest faculty in the school and while he was an extremely good teacher, his eyesight was starting to fail him and the man struggled to read pencil since it was too light. Pen certainly did make (y/n)'s writing look more professional but that was canceled out by all the whiteout marks on her papers. 

Walking into one aisle, (y/n) paused as she saw a familiar face. "Yaku?" 

Said boy looked up and blinked owlishly at the girl, not expecting to run into someone. He stood up from his crouch, grabbing the packet of lead and adjusting the bag on his arm. "(l/n), good afternoon. You're alone today?" 

(y/n) made a face at his question, earning an apology from the male as he approached her. (y/n) grabbed a pack of whiteout and the two made their way over to the lines to pay. Yaku paid first, standing away from the lines, the third year libero fiddled with his phone as he waited for (y/n) to finish paying. 

"You didn't have to wait for me Yaku." The male shook his head as he fell into step with the girl. "I only went out to buy shoes and I don't have anything else to do today. Is it okay if I tag along?" 

(y/n) giggled, bringing a hand to her face as she did so. "Only if you don't mind helping me carry a few things." 

"Anything for our dear manager," Yaku smirked. 

The two made their way around the mall. (y/n) wouldn't usually go to the mall to buy Pancakes' things, but she heard there was a new pet store and she wanted to check it out and see if it was any better than the one she usually went to. 

Locating the store was rather difficult, though. Although she lived in Tokyo her whole life, (y/n) seldom went to the mall. She lost all contact with her primary school friends and didn't have anyone to talk to during her middle school days. It wasn't like (y/n) didn't want to go to the mall, she just didn't have anyone to hang out with. 

The two wandered around the mall as they looked for the store. Yaku didn't miss how the (h/c) girl slowed her pace as they passed by something that caught her eye, nor did he miss how fervently she looked around as if everything she saw facisnated her.