Chapter 13 || Tokyo Training Camp

"We're finally here!" (y/n) cheered as she hopped off the bus, stretching her hands above her head. The girl breathed in deeply, taking in the warm summer air. 

"The bus ride wasn't that long (y/n)." Kenma commented as he followed right after her. The training camp location really wasn't too far from Nekoma high school, but it took a while to get there because of the traffic, though the roads cleared once they got away from the city. 

(y/n) bounced on the balls of her feet as she impatiently waited for the rest of the team to come out of the bus. She couldn't wait to meet the other managers and she was looking forward to seeing Karasuno again. Yamaguchi said he's been practicing his jump float serve and (y/n) wanted to see it. After all, no one in Nekoma could do it. 

"Hey, hey, hey! Look who it is!" An owlish looking male jogged over to Nekoma's bus, arms stretched wide as his voice boomed over everyone else's. "If it isn't Nekoma's infamous manager-chan." 

"I-infamous?" (y/n) furrowed her brows, confused as to how this person knew her, and why he thought she was bad. Based on what the managers have told her, (y/n) had a feeling that this person was-

"Bokuto-san," A calm voice emphasized. A straight faced, black haired male came jogging after his teammate. His expression never faltered and all (y/n) could think about was how pretty he was. No one could beat Kenma but (y/n) thought that this newcomer came pretty close. 

"Bokuto-san," He repeated. "Please don't go running off again, you still need to bring your belongings to the room." 

"But Akaaaaashi," The taller male whined, deflating as the younger male scolded him. "I wanted to meet the infamous manager-chan Kuroo was talking about." 

Akaashi blinked, sighing once he realized Bokuto's mistake. "Bokuto-san, you used infamous incorrectly." 

"Oh, I did?" Bokuto questioned. Akaashi nodded. 

"Yes. Infamous does mean well known but that is only if the person has done something bad. As far as I know..." Akaashi trailed off, glancing over at (y/n).

"(l/n) (y/n)." (y/n) replied. 

"As far as I know, (l/n)-san has not done anything wrong. It would be incorrect to say she is infamous. It may even be a bit rude. " Akaashi finished explaining. 

"Really?!" Bokuto exclaimed, eyebrows shooting up in shock. He quickly turned towards (y/n), edging closer as he spluttered out apologies. "I'm sorry manager-chan I didn't mean to call you bad I was just excited because my bro Kuroo told me about you and he said you're pretty awesome and- Is it true that you bake? Did you bring anything with you? If you did then-" 

"That's enough!" Kuroo yelled, whacking Bokuto upside the head. "Calm down a little, you're scaring her."

Akaashi sighed in relief, his attempts at getting Bokuto to calm down were all unsuccessful so he was glad that pain-in-the-ass Kuroo-san was there to knock some sense into his teammate. 

(y/n) watched as the duo bickered, mouth opening and closing as she debated on interfering. She was caught off guard, but she didn't think that Kuroo had to go so far as to hit the poor guy. It didn't seem to bother him that much but (y/n) couldn't help but feel sorry for him. 

"Just ignore them (y/n)," Kenma sighed from beside her. "If you walk away now then Bokuto-san won't notice. Kuroo is distracting him." 

Kenma gave a small nod towards Akaashi before picking up his bag. (y/n) reluctantly followed behind. She was glad that the dark haired male was calmer than his owlish teammate. He reminded her of Kenma in a way. A cool headed setter with an overly loud best friend. Bokuto seemed to be much more of a handful than Kuroo though.