Chapter 12 || Study Dates

"There's no hope for me, I'm gonna fail." (y/n) groaned as she flipped through her flashcards for the umpteenth time. 

Kenma raised his eyebrow at that, adjusting his bag as he pulled his gaming console out. "But you've been studying this whole time." 

Kuroo nodded in agreement. "And didn't you study with Sakurai last weekend?" 

"Yeah but...we didn't study well." (y/n) sweatdropped, remembering the events that happened last weekend. She and Sakurai were supposed to study, and they did, but only for about an hour before they got distracted. 

The duo studied Japanese literature. It was Sakurai's best and favorite subject so they decided to start with that. Their teacher loved Osamu Dazai's works and directly told them that a large part of their exam would consist of analyzing Dazai's novel, No Longer Human. 

They studied the alienation of the narrator of the book, Oba Yozo, and his decline from a student to a morphine addict. They took note of the moral, emotional, any physical changes he experienced throughout the book, and also took note of the historical events present. 

Their studying didn't feel too much like studying since they genuinely enjoyed the book, but of course, that all changed once (y/n) unlocked her phone. 

(y/n) left her phone face down on the table so she wouldn't be too tempted to look at it, but she turned it over after hearing the familiar text tone from her parents. She made one fatal mistake though. She unlocked her phone while it was still laying flat on the table, allowing Sakurai to have a clear view of her screen. 

While (y/n)'s lock screen wallpaper was a picture of Pancakes, her home screen wallpaper was a picture of her and Kenma, specifically the picture that Kuroo took on the train ride to Miyagi. 

Sakurai noticed her wallpaper and started bombarding the poor girl with questions. (y/n) and Sakurai couldn't get much studying done after that because they spent the rest of the time talking about her relationship with Kenma. 

"Then why don't you join us this weekend?" Kuroo pitched in.

"Kuroo always helps me study," Kenma added. (y/n) nearly tripped over her feet.

 "Wait you guys have been studying without me?" (y/n) spluttered, eyes wide. 

"Yeah, I've never failed a test thanks to Kuroo," Kenma commented, rolling his eyes as his best friend held a hand over his heart. "Quit it. I'm stating a fact, not complimenting you." 

"And you never invited me to study with you?" (y/n) pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. If she knew that Kenma and Kuroo were studying together then she would've asked to join ages ago. 

"...you never asked." 

"How can I ask if I didn't know?" (y/n) huffed, sending Kenma a death glare. 

"Then," Kenma started, lifting his head as he finally defeated the monster. "Join us tomorrow." 

"What subject do you need help with?" Kuroo asked as the girl nodded. 

"Chemistry." 

Kenma scrunched his nose at that. "(y/n) why'd you have to say that?" 

"Because chemistry is hard?" (y/n) questioned, tilting her head in confusion. Kenma shook his head and nodded towards Kuroo who was walking with his hands on his hips and a smirk on his face. 

"Chemistry...huh?" He hummed. Kuroo started nodding to himself as he started muttering different chemical compounds and other chemistry jargon. All of which the couple didn't understand.