Chapter 2 :" Not Alone "

2 Weeks till the wedding.                           

Lavanya was relieved that she no longer have to keep Kavya secret, today  was the day of the press conference and Lavanya needed to be with her cousin for support . But today also happens to be the day of Vihaan Mother death Anniversary .               

She was feeling conflicted about leaving Vihaan alone and decided he needed to be kept occupied and only one person name came to her mind as she drove to meet their best friend Akash Reddy .               

Akash had been staying in his grandparents house on the request of Vihaan , who wanted his best friend to be part of the whole wedding preparations . Lavanya admired Akash patience as he dealt with both of them admirably but also wondered if he was too lonely by himself .                

All her matchmaking efforts have failed with regards to Akash that she didn't know how to help him either , the fact he took his mother death too hard was also part of the reason she wanted Akash to be with Vihaan . Lavanya knew Akash hadn't fully come to terms with his mother death yet and she hopes spending sometime alone with Vihaan would help both of them .                   

Lavanya felt a tinge of guilt when she realized she woke him up from his sleep but she knew he wouldn't hold it against her ,but her efforts to convince Akash backfired when he learnt about Kavya decision to quit her career .                    

Lavanya didn't know why he was so upset about Kavya decision but she already had three missed calls from Kavya ,that she had to leave him alone to make up his mind ,she hoped once he calmed down he would drive to see Vihaan .                       

As she made her way inside Kavya house ,her parents were already present . She broke the news to them last night and asked them to break it to Kavya parents . Once glance around the room ,she found out Kavya wasn't present in the room .                             

Lavanya was about to go to her room when Kavya stepped outside and Lavanya was relived to see Arjun uncle and Lekha Aunty taking the news better than she expected as they fully support Kavya decision ,till now Lavanya was quite unaware on what made Kavya want to quit ,it was one secret Kavya refused to share with her .                     

 As the entire family prepared itself to face the reporters gathered outside the house ,Lavanya hoped Akash had reached Vihaan by now as well since it wasn't likely that she would be able to leave Kavya alone tonight.                      

Lavanya may not have understood Kavya reason but she still knew how big of a deal it was that her cousin may need her by her side and that was why she was completely blindsided when Akash made an appearance in the press conference and announced himself a Kavya fiancee.                         

Akash announcement garnered the reporters interest as they asked questions after questions about the supposed engagement until Kavya ended the press conference frustrated . Once inside the house Kavya lashed at Akash for his interference that Lavanya felt tiny bit sorry for him.                

Soon Kavya dragged Akash into her room to talk leaving Lavanya worry about Vihaan as Akash wasnt with him , she knew Vihaan had tears to come to terms with his grief but all the marriage talks got to him as everywhere they went people asks about the groom parents .               

" Will the groom parents see the wedding venue before you pay the deposit ?" , " Your in laws didn't come with you " , and several such questions were thrown in their direction and each time Vihaan admitted his parents were dead ,she knew it was getting to him .