Chapter 4 :" Mending The Rift "

If one overlook the fact Arnav bhai ,her cousin got married to Gauri before her than Lavanya's marriage to Vihaan would be the first marriage among the younger generation which meant everyone from her family was invested in it far more than she anticipated . That resulted in her having wide range of opinions about everything and they didn't hold back on letting her know about them as well.         

Since Lavanya had always envisioned getting married to Vihaan ever since she fell in love, it had been easy for her to choose among her options for everything. And with her family vast prospects securing everything according to her choices wasn't hard considering her fiancée had no choice on his own except the bride which happens to be her.           

The smooth sailing plans went for a crash 4 months ago when she hadn't been able to pick the wedding dress among the choices, first she went shopping alone with her mom and it didn't pan out then to help her along, Kavya her cousin arranged for an exclusive shopping experience in one of the famous shops for bridal wears. While Lavanya had been able to buy for her family. She didn't find the one for her there either.         

 That was when Vihaan asked for Rajeev bhai help who promised to get an appointment with all the well known designers so she can have a customized designer wear for her wedding , while Lavanya had been hesitant to accept the offer , she agreed to it when two weeks passed without her finding anything that interested her     

Something didn't click for her at any of the shops and finally agreed to let Rajeev bhai help her but even after meeting three  famous designers in the fashion industry ,it didn't work out for her . Their vision for her wedding attire didn't suit with her at all    

 Lavanya who never had been picky about anything wished she could sort out the issue sooner , it was during her visit to her Uttara aunt house she found the answer to her dilemma. She must have saw her aunt wedding picture  countless time before as it was hung in the living room but that day she was able to finally see her aunt wedding lehenga and though it may not be close to what she envisioned for her wedding, it was far more similar to what she had in mind than every other shop she visited.    

" Aunty where did you buy your wedding attire?" Lavanya asked her and was surprised to find that it was designed by one of the famous designer in town , Kavitha Roy and her initial search online did make her a prospective designer but Rajeev bhai told her that her schedule is too filled up for an appointment and yet her aunt knew her.   

 But when Lavanya asked her aunt if she could arrange for an appointment considering that fact she told Lavanya that Kavita Roy was her friend , only for her aunt to grew bit hesitant. At first she assumed it must be because her aunt didn't want to pressure her friend for her sake .   

But later during dinner with her parents , she found out it had been because Kavita Roy had been her father ex girlfriend. A revelation that shocked Yuv and her who never imagined their father dating anyone else than their mom.            

Lavanya dropped the idea considering the new circumstance but it had been her mother who insisted that Lavanya should at least meet up with the designer first before deciding on whether her designs suit her or not, It had been her Uttara aunt who accompanied her for the trip and Lavanya was surprised that her aunt stayed friend with her father ex all these years.      

" Sanskar Princess. How you grew up since I last saw you " had been Kavita Roy first words once they walked inside her exclusive Boutique and her earlier apprehension about meeting one of her father ex girlfriend flew away as the hour passed by and with just a week before the wedding pre rituals Lavanya was driving now with her parents to get her wedding dress .