Chapter 8 :" Dancing Together "

A Note : Sorry for the delay guys , this is my trying to get back to updating .

***********

Lavanya looked around the decorated house and felt a smile lit up her face , getting married in few days made today all the more real. She was looking forward to dancing with Vihaan later tonight during the Sangeeth for now she was seated comfortably in a chair as her hands were intricately designed with henna for the big day .

Almost all of her family members were doing the same and so were the guests that the atmosphere was filled with laughter and lots of talking between everyone. What else one can do when they have to sit together for a long time without using their hands until the Henna dries out.

Lavanya being the bride was seated in the center of the room, as every guests who wanted to wish her would be able to find her without searing. Her mother was beside her and so was Vihaan two sisters who were more excited than her.

" Do you want any name or Particular design ?" one of the designer asked little Anjali who took about few minutes before answering she wanted to butterfly design and lots of flowers .

" I want the letter Y somewhere in my design , no particular design " Vihaan elder sister answered back making both Lavanya and her mother smile .

Lavanya was happy for her brother that he was able to find someone who is perfect fit for him. Yuv is at the moment focused on Football has his career and Lavanya for her part just studying the final year in her Masters in Business Administration.

And her plans were to work on her mother's Restranaunt, as she loves baking and felt more interested in helping her mother as well as pursing her baking interests.

Lavanya saw her father name written on her mother's hand and finally she glanced at her hand where Vihaan name were designed in a way that made the look perfect. She was so excited to show him the design later tonight.

Then she saw a name said out loud that surprised her as it was from her best friend but instead of her cousin name . She said a different name " Arun " , and it took Lavanya a moment to realize it was Gauri's first husband name.

The room become silent and when her best friend walked away from the room , Lavanya followed after her wishing she could find the words to comfort her.

Lavanya knew Gauri lost her first husband little less than a year ago and yet she never really fully thought about her grief as she wasn't part of her friend life during those years and Gauri was known to hide her emotions well. Lavanya yet again failed as friend to realize the extent of her friends pain .

" It had become a habit. Saying his name , I was thinking something else " Gauri spoke up first once she noticed Lavanya was just behind her .

" I am sorry Gauri, I can't imagine what you went through when he died. In trying not to hurt you , I had never even asked if you were okay when I asked you to be around for my wedding. This must all bring forth the memory of your first wedding right " Lavanya asked Gauri , her face filled with concern.

Because for the first time Lavanya was wondering how being part of her wedding may remind Gauri of her first marriage as well.

" Everything moved fast after Arun's death, the court case. My marriage with Arnav , Rahul custody and your wedding , I barely register anything anymore Lavanya. It feels like I am constantly moving ahead that I hardly began to accept he was gone yet , I didn't really mourn his death yet and in trying to ensure Rahul was fine ,I hadn't grieved properly either , we have been married for four years, it not a surprise his name is ingrained in my mind, but you don't have to worry that your wedding is making me sad because that is not the truth, I am so happy to be here for you even if I am somewhat never really here emotionally sometimes. It just that I have too much on my mind " Gauri answered back and hugged her .