|C.3|

✼✼✼✼✼✼✼

✼✼✼✼✼✼✼

The boy turned to look past Blake at the creature rounding the corner. Then his head craned and looked at her. Their eyes met, they stared at each other knowing that this was it... The boy, the person who saved her life, flashed multiple expression across his sweaty face. Mostly grief, but also anger and arrogant pride. He gave Blake a wordless nod, charging at the creature behind her.

He then grabbed her hand causing Blake to follow in his crazy fight. She wanted to stop but her legs just kept moving. Her eyes closed automatically as they got closer to the Griever. Just as they were about to collide with the creature, the boy pulls them both to the right. The Griever who was unable to stop, zoomed past both of them.

Blake stared in disbelief as they ran down a clear pathway. She then looked at Thomas wondering, who was this kid.

They ran just like before, the boy pulling her along. Then, out of nowhere, a pair of hands—human hands grabs the boy pulling them into an adjoining hallway. The boy's face filled with relief as he recognized the person.

This boy's appearance was far different than the sandy brown hair boy in the vines. This boy looks older than the boy in the vines. His hair slick and short, dark black like wet concrete, his hair shined under the dark moonlight. The boy looked at Blake, wordlessly. Almond shaped eyes bright and fiery as burning coals.

"What-" the boy in the vine opens his mouth, but was cut off by the Asian boy.

"Shut up and follow me!" He says, grabbing the boy's arm, dragging both of them along.

The three of them went through the corridor, taking turn after turn. The Asian boy seemed to know the Maze inside and out. He took turn after turn without hesitation. Then the boy stopped, catching his breath and speaking.

"Who...The Shuck...Is that?" He pointed to Blake. "Why was there a chick...In the Maze?"

The boy in vines turned to Blake, catching his breath as well. "I don't know. She seemed to be getting chased by those things too-"

"Grievers," Blake blurted out, her voice seeming star like. The Asian boy turned and gave her star struck look. "Those things. They're called Grievers, right?"

"How did you know that? How did you get here? Do you have your memories?" The boy in the vines asked.

"All I know is what those things are called and my name. I just woke up here. My name is Blake by the way."

The Asian boy piped up. "Minho. And I have an idea you know to get us out of here, or do you want to keep playing show and tell?"

"Proceed." She bit her tongue, knowing this was no time to argue.

Suddenly, the clicking got closer and they all started to run again. Every air in her lungs seemed to be pushed out and impossible to inhale back in. Everything burned.