|C.4|

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Blake took a step back. Then, like something was calling it, Seven, rolled past her and the boys, turning a corner making clicking noises as it went.

"How did you do that?" Minho asked.

Blake turned to face the boys, she noticed that Thomas was near tears and the other one was looking at her for answers. "Who are you?"

"As I said before, my name is Blake. And I have no clue. Those things...Those Grievers are the only thing I can remembered, other than my name." Blake explained, wiping her hands against her pants.

"Well, you can't just be going around naming shuck Grievers! This is too much for me. I can't believe we survived that." Minho said, shaking his head while pacing.

Thomas rolled up into a ball sobbing silently to himself. Time passed and they hadn't moved, Blake watched both the pacing and sobbing boy, wondering who they were. Soon, the sky turned into a stinging blue, with a faded dust pink and florid orange. Blake tilted her head up, drinking up the sunlight.

It was peaceful for a long moment.

"What now? I don't want to do that again." Blake said, stretching her stiff back against the stone wall.

"We go back to the Glade. And figure out what we are going to do with you. I don't know if you know this or not, but what we just did, what you did, it was impossible. No one has ever survived through the night, no one has ever tamed a Griever."

"What did we do differently?" Thomas asked, his voice squeaky.

"I don't know. It's kind of hard to ask a dead guy what he did wrong."

It was quite for a moment before Thomas asked, "It seems like they disappeared or something after they went over the edge."

"Yeah, that was kinda psycho. A couple of Gladers had a theory that other things had disappeared, but we proved 'em wrong. Look."

Thomas and Blake watched Minho throw a rock over the Cliff. He went further down until it was too small to see. Blake craned her head to stare at Minho. "That's stupid. How did we prove them wrong?"

"Well, the rock didn't disappear, now, did it?" Minho rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Then what do you think happened?" Thomas asked, seeming actually interested in the guy's stupid idea.

"Maybe they're magic. My head hurts too much to think about it."

"I bet it's magic. Hey, maybe there will be some flying carpet to pick us up too. Or maybe-"