|C.17|

༝༝༝༝༝༝༝༝༝

༝༝༝༝༝༝༝༝༝

Blake had heard the girl, Teresa, was locked up in the Slammer. She knew both of them weren't the favorites around the Glade and was hoping that would allow Teresa to talk to her. When Blake managed to stumble her way to where she was, she noticed two people guarding her cell.

"I need to talk to her," Blake mumbled.

The two boys looked at one another. "If you hurt her. We hurt you."

Blake rolled her eyes. "Got it."

They lead her to where she was then left Blake alone with her. Blake looked into the small barred window, finding nothing but cold air and darkness. "Teresa?"

Suddenly, the girl's head popped into view. Her blue eyes staring into Blake's. Even in the dark, Blake noticed how pretty she was, a pit of jealousy filled her. "I'm the only other girl here. Names Blake. Came here just after you."

The girl with icy blue eyes nodded. "Heard about you. That schmuck, Alby, doesn't like neither of us, huh?"

Blake nodded with a smile. She guessed her joking was a good sign. "I'm supposed to be locked up in a room right now, but I'm feeling a bit better to go and get harassed by a bunch of ding-dong boys."

Teresa shared a smile too. Even her smile fits well with her pale skin and blue eyes. "Why do they hate you so much?"

"Well, they hate you because you're like a trigger to the Creator's games. But for me. I made something that has hurt and killed their people. And they don't really trust me for many reasons."

They were quiet for a moment. Teresa shifted so she was closer to the bars keeping her imprisoned. "Do you trust me?"

Blake stared at her for a moment. "I saw you and Thomas before and that gives me a weird feeling, but I don't know. I don't know if I can trust you."

Teresa nodded understandably. "You should go. Tom is coming."

Blake didn't have time to react before Thomas walked up to them. How did Teresa know he was coming, Blake thought. Blake didn't trust Teresa, something was terribly off about her. She just hoped that Thomas would see it too.

"Hey, Blake. Can I talk to Teresa?"

Blake nodded, getting up. "Yeah, of course."

"Blake, wait," Teresa called. "Us girls need to stick together. We're a bit outnumbered don't you think?"

Blake put on a smile. "Just a bit. And you're right—we need to stick together."