Prize

Thank you for the support. Enjoy this update.

We all wait anxiously for the news on who won. I had to practically beat Alex in sutures to hopefully surpass him and now it's just a waiting game. "What are you doing here?" Alex asks Cristina who is out of breathe. "You spent the last three hours watching a surgery. That's 3 points." Alex reminds her.

"I'm trusting you guys screwed up enough that it won't matter."

"I did sixty sutures. That's 60 points. I did not screw up." I fire back at her as I keep on my feet for Dr. Bailey to give us the good news.

"I could still win. I could. I did get a lot of points today." Izzie exclaims.

"Your patient only had the flu. Sit your ass down." I state to her and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"What's the matter with you?" Alex turns to look at Meredith who doesn't seem that interested in the competition coming to an end. "Where's the trash talk Charles Barkley?"

"She knows I'm the best." Cristina states and soon we're on the run as we see Dr. Bailey getting ready to come out of the room with Tuck. "Who won?" Cristian quickly asks.

"Congratulations..."

"Who won?!"

"Dr. Benoist and Grey."

"What?" Meredith and I state together.

"You both scored the same amount of points. The guy from the bear attack had a brain tumor, and Grey caught it. 80 points for solving a medical mystery. Dr. Benoist did 60 flawless sutures and with her already combined lead from the previous week treatments that are what put them over the top." Dr. Bailey explains and I feel so relieved this is finally over.

"I could've found a tumor."

"But you didn't" Dr. Bailey silences Cristina. "You chose to scrub in with Hahn and watch for 3 little points. Now congratulate Dr. Benoist and Grey." She orders and they all congratulate us. Meredith starts to walk away.

"Hey, don't you want your share of the prize?" Meredith stops and turns around.

"Ooh, shiny pager." Izzie is all over the pager in Dr. Bailey's hand. She's more interested in it than Tuck.

"A sparkle pager." Dr. Bailey corrects her.

"What's so great about a glitter pager?"

"You don't have it." I fire at Cristina and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"A sparkle pager. It is special. It is surgery's holy grail. It's been passed down from resident to resident and now it will be shared between Dr. Benoist and Grey. For the next three months, whenever you all get a surgery, you have to page this pager, and if Grey or Benoist want your surgery they have the right to take it from you."

"Come on!"

"How are they going to decide which one of them will have the surgery?" Alex demands answers from Dr. Bailey.

"If they both decide they want the surgery they will alternate based on who stole a surgery last. And if that doesn't work I will decide for them. Enjoy the power. Dr. Benoist and Grey." Bailey hands us the sparkle pager.

"Thank you, Dr. Bailey." She nods her head at me.

"Now may I recommend you all go home? You smell, you greasy, you need to bathe, and I'm sick of looking at you. Ever my 1 year old here is sick of looking at you. Isn't that right bug? Sick of looking at your little ugly faces."

Meredith lets out a big sigh as she takes her turn looking over the sparkle pager. "Somehow I thought I would enjoy this more."

"Hell, I enjoy this so much." I state taking the sparkle pager back.