Surgery or Love

Enjoy this update.

"Come with me." Cristina declares.

"Oh, no I'm covering Callie's services she has..." Cristina doesn't care she drags me into a room where Meredith is already waiting for us.

"What's going on?" Meredith asks Cristina.

"Teddy." Cristina says. "Turns out she loves Owen and thought she came here to be all, you know Teddy and Owen. But there's me, and now she's all pain and threatening to leave, and so I told her she could have him."

"What?" Meredith and I ask at the same time.

"She's an amazing teacher, and I'm...I'm happy again. And I'm...I'm in the O.R. and I'm feeling like myself and...and I and of course, I didn't mean it. I mean, I love Owen. I...I love him. But that means I don't get to have her, so...maybe I meant it?" Cristina vents to us.

"Okay um...that was a lot to drop on us but...you're okay." I explain to her.

"Gen's right." Meredith states. "Okay here's the thing you can't talk like this. It's like, we get you..."

"Yeah."

"But other people don't so you can't talk like this."

"Mer's right. I mean to any normal person like Teddy and Owen what you said is crazy but to us, we're nodding our heads fully understanding where you are coming from. No judgment." I explain to Cristina.

"Exactly." Mer states to me. "It's like um if you tell someone their baby is ugly. You know, they know it, you know it, everybody knows it. But you don't talk about it." Meredith states to Cristina.

"Okay, but...but you two are saying surgery, right? Gun to your head, you would choose surgery over Derek or Mark?" Cristina asks us with urgency.

"What we're saying is not to talk about this. And do not talk about it to Owen." I elaborate for her.

"You won't even say yes or no."

"I'm buying a house with Mark and taking in his pregnant daughter. I'm pretty much choosing him a lot right now."

"What?" Meredith and Cristina ask me.

"You're buying a house?" I nod my head with a big smile on my face. I pull out my phone and show the pictures to them.

"Wow, this is nice." Cristina compliments.

"It has everything we're looking for and I'm so excited about. Mark and I can't wait to close on the house and start our family." I exclaim to them.

"Wow this is big and...Sloan is moving in with you two?"

"She's not ready to be a mom yet but she has support. She won't be doing it alone but she will learn to be a responsible adult with some assistance from us."

"You're ready to take on a teenager and her baby?"

"Mark and I have been doing it well so far."

"So what does that mean about the apartment?" Cristina asks me.

"Well, I'll obviously pay my portion of the lease and next four months of rent." I explain to Cristina.

"How did Sloan's surgery go?" Meredith asks me.

"Well the A.V.M. blew and she hemorrhaged. But Addison allowed me to repair it all on my own."

"No fair! You got a cool solo surgery while tending to your boyfriend's child." Cristina groans.

"Nice. Very supportive." Meredith jokes with her.

"Yeah, Sloan is doing well. She came back with us to look at the house. Mark took her back to L.A. to have Addison do her post-op appointments. She's going to stay there for a bit for monitoring." I explain to them.