Letting it Out

Thank you all for the support and feedback from my last update.

"It's been a while since our last session."

"I know." I state as I keep bouncing my leg.

"Why don't you tell me what's bothering you, Gen? Last I heard you and Mark were off to visit your family. Did that happen?"

"Mark and I went to my sister Colette's daughter's birthday. And it was great. I saw my other sisters and we bonded. Most of them seemed receptive to Mark and me being back together."

"That's wonderful news." I nod my head and Dr. Wyatt keeps looking at me like she can see into my soul. "We can sit here all day or you can tell me why you came in without an appointment."

"You said you had time."

"Yes I do have time but...sitting here watching you say nothing is not what I have time for. If you want to tell me something I think you should do so."

"Have you put so much faith into someone and then they disappoint you or better yet you disappoint yourself for ever believing this person could be decent or kind or give a shit."

"We're not talking about Mark because I was rooting for you two."

"No, it's not Mark." I state to Dr. Wyatt who nods her head.

"Okay, then who is it?"

"Mark 18 years ago knocked this woman up and he thought she got an abortion but turns out she didn't. So her daughter searched for Mark and marched into the ER at Thanksgiving stating she was his daughter."

"Wow that...how are you handling it?"

"I was shocked because...Mark has always gotten around even before me. So it wasn't all that shocking that he had a kid but...Sloan..."

"Sloan?" Dr. Wyatt asks with confusion.

"Sloan Riley is Mark's daughter.

"Ah, that...okay."

"She...when she came to tell Mark that he was her dad it was the same day I had just seen a fertility specialist. And...I was going to tell Mark the news about what I was told and then that happened."

"How did that make you feel?"

"I felt like shit." I answer honestly. "I had just been told that I have an incompetent cervix due to damage from my miscarriage and my possibilities of getting pregnant are slim but possible along with complications. I...I had all of this emotional baggage and then this girl comes and uproots my entire life."

"What did she do?"

"Well for starters she mooched off of us for months. She and Mark barely said a word to one another. She would keep asking for money and clothes and do nothing in return. I gave up my room in my apartment so she could have a bed and...she trashed it. Food all over the comforter and...she's not my child and she may be Mark's biological daughter. But she had no interest in developing a relationship."

"So what did she want?"

"Around New Years we were seriously thinking about making her get a job or go to school. Just something than just eat, sleep and take our money but she dropped another big bomb on us. She's pregnant." I inform and I can feel myself getting all worked up.

"What did you and Mark do about it?"

"Well, we took that ungrateful brat to all of her doctor appointments. Paid for maternity clothes and food for her and..." I stop myself as I feel tears coming out of my eyes.