Big Steps

I loved writing this chapter. I hope you all love it too.

"And this is a beautiful modern colonial home with custom appliances." Our real estate agent Josh informs us as we walk through one of many homes he has for us today.

"How much per square foot?" I ask looking around the house

"Right around $1,500 per." Josh says.

"I love the exterior it's very bold with the all-white brick and black roof and window details." I exclaim as I look around the kitchen.

"What about the neighborhood?" Mark asks Josh.

"That is one of the best parts. This house is tracked for some of the best public schools in Seattle but also close enough to some impressive private schools. It gives you all range of choices."

"HOA?" I ask checking all of the cabinets.

"There is a yearly fee but it gives you access to the tennis court, pool, and clubhouse." Josh explains to us. "You know what if you've seen enough of the kitchen I want to take you outside."

"Can I stay here?" Sloan asks.

"Yeah." I answer her as Mark and I follow Josh outside.

"Now most like to have a pool but I believe the beauty of this backyard is there is room to grow."

"What do you mean?" I ask Josh.

"There is about ¼ of an acre of land here that you can do with what you want. If you want to get a permit for a pool that can fit in the center but you can also entertain back here with movie nights. Backyard cookouts, roasting marshmallows. Having a competitive field day with family and friends." Mark and I look at the spacious backyard.

"Can you see it?" Mark whispers to me. I smile big because I can. I can see our children running around as the sprinklers turn on. I can hear their squeals as Mark and I chase after them rolling on the ground with one another.

"Can we see the bedrooms?" I ask Josh.

"Of course." Josh leads us inside. Sloan is just sitting on the couch with her phone listening to music. "This house has six bedrooms and 4 ½ baths. There are two bedrooms on the first floor." Josh leads us into the first one that is staged as an office. "This can be an office, guest bedroom, playroom for the kid's anything you can think of."

"I like this." Mark walks around in it feeling himself. "I've always been saying we need an office. I have the perfect desk that can fit in here. It's the one from my practice in New York." Mark reminds me but I try to hide my smirk because what I remember of that desk is the many times we had sex on it.

"Yeah, that was a great desk." I respond back to Mark not letting Josh know I daydreaming of sex on Mark's desk.

"We can buy bookcases for all our medical books and journals." I nod my head.