Chapter 12: Queen of the ring

Blood, thick blood smeared my muzzle as I picked my head up from the dead carcass of the terrier. I growled as the crowd sat silently.

The feeling that I dreaded came back, the familiarity of the sounds and tastes made it flood back. All of a sudden the crowd roared, a man had snuck up on me and clipped a leash onto my collar. I turned and growled at him, but it was quickly silenced by a muzzle being slipped over the bridge of my nose.

The man dragged me out of the circle and back to the barking cages. I was shoved back into the small cage next to peanut.

"A-are you o-ok?" Peanut asked shakily as he came walked slowly over to the side of cage.

"Peanut,I can't do this" I whispered. I looked over at the little dog and he was shivering. "The memories, I-killed him. I had to he would have killed me"

My words must have frightened him because he took a step back.

"I'm sorry"I stated, before laying down and resting my head on my paws. My muzzle was brightened up by the moon and peanuts eyes grew huge at the sight of anothers blood.

"I don't want to die" he whined, quietly. I picked my head up and looked at him.

"You won't die, I promise"I replied. I pressed my nose up against the bar and he slowly came over and touched his to mine. Some of my fur poked through the bars onto his side and he took the moment to lay down by it, warming his fragile body.

(Gibbs POV)

We arrived at the house, where the dog fights were being held.

"Tony wheres your contact?" I asked my special agent.

"I texted him on the way here and- there he is" Tony stated as he pointed to a guy walking out to the curb. I shut the engine off and exited the unmarked car, along with Tony, Ziva and Mcgee.

"Hey" I called to the guy he looked over and slowly walked towards us looking around to make sure no one was watching.

"Hey tony" he greeted my agent.

"Hey zak, so whats the situation?" Tony replied.

"Its not good, if the description you gave me of your k9 was correct she's already been in the fighting ring"

"Is she ok?" I asked worriedly. He looked at me and took un a deep breath.

"The real question you should ask is where they keep the dead dogs bodies, shes already tore threw three of them" zak replied.

This isn't good, she could relapse back into the past, like ducky said.

"Gibbs whats the plan?" Ziva asked.

What if I can't her back, she'd have to be put down.

"Boss?" Tony asked. I hadn't realized I zoned out, I snapped my head up and nodded.

"Whats the security look like?" I asked zak.

"Theres two at the front door checking IDs and at least four in the back bringing the dogs in and out. As for the inside security, theres to many to count" zak informed me. "I hope you brought fake IDs cause there running them"

"We did"Mcgee replied pulling out his.

"Good, lets get going then" he nodded. We followed zak up and past the house goung into the back yard. My heart sunk as I laid my eyes upon the large barn, I could hear whining inside and people cheering and yelling. I turned to check on my team and they were all shocked.

"Come on we have to get in there" I reminded them. They all nodded and we walked slowly up to the barn doors where two large guys stood with small electronics in their hands.

"ID" one of them stated as he held out his hand. I pulled my wallet out and handed him my fake one. He shoved it into his card reader, once it beeped he pulled it out and nodded.

"Next" he spoke. I internally let out a deep breath and walked into the cheering crowds as my agents passed the check-in and followed me.

I lead them behind the bleachers and turned around.

"Ziva, tony go check the kennels in the back for rogue, Mcgee keep an eye the arena" I ordered them.

"What about you boss?" Mcgee asked.

"I'm gonna find David" I replied lowly, before pushing past them and heading into the crowd.

(Rogues POV)

"Come on ya stupid mutt!" One of the men yelled. Peanut had somehow fallen asleep, using my fur as a comforter. As sound asleep as he looked I had to stay alert and awake.

I felt a duty to protect him with my life, after all he was just a pup, a kid.

"Hey grab that one, we need to get the crowd riled up again" one of them chuckled. I raised my head as the man walked down the aisle and started to slow as he reached our cages. He stopped right in front of peanuts cage, causing my stomach to turn.

He reached out,but instead of opening peanuts door he opened the one next to him, the doberman pincher. Though he looked tough from earlier he was now shaking horribly.

"Wait, wait I'm not ready" the doberman spoke quickly.

"Come on! Fito's gonna love you" the man grinned.

"No please" the dog whined,but was overpowered by the man dragging him down the aisle. The commotion woke peanut up and he started to whine.

"Rogue" he whispered. I looked down at him and smiled slightly.

"Im still here" I replied. Peanut looked up at me and was about to say something when a large growl came from the barn. Whining and yelping followed shortly after, causing all the dogs in the crates whether big or small to become silent.

A few short minutes later a man came down the aisle dragging a large body behind him. As the body came closer, I confirmed it has the doberman pincher.

"Peanut dont look" I whispered. He burrowed his face into my fur that stuck out from the bars. The man had a white rope tied around the dogs legs as he pulled it past my cage.

I held my breathas I saw his throat ripped out his eyes still shocked in terror as they were left wide open. The body soon passed and peanut finally pulled his head out.

"Are wr ever going to geg out of here?" He asked, his voice shaking. I sighed and looked down at him.

"I don't know, peanut. I don't know"