Chapter 14: A savior (Has been revised)

(Tonys pov)

I made it back into the barn and met up with Ziva at the bleachers. She looked scared and hopeless. I immediately passed by her and looked down into the pit.

A large Rottweiler was circling Rogue. I know it seems weird,, but they appeared to be having a conversation with one another. That is until, the Rottweiler tried to take a step toward the shivering chihuahua I had seen early. It was cowered in a corner, looking like it was about to have a heart attack. Rogue took a step to the side, she almost appeared to be blocking the large dog from getting near him.

"Call gibbs" I stated, not taking my eyes off the pit.

"I tried he's not answering" Ziva replied quickly.

"Mcgee? Zak?" I asked, turning towards her. She shook her head and my stomach dropped.

(Rogues pov)

"Back off"I growled at Fito, as he tried to take a step towards peanut. He laughed and looked over at the other dogs. They were just as confused as the people in the stands, but as soon as Fito turned to them, they moved farther back into the other corner.

Fito took a step towards them and I jumped in front of him. Pissing him off even more, now that I was protecting all of them.

"Wanna a fight?" I asked. "Then take on me" I snarled. He chuckled to himself and we started to circle again.

"You don't know what your getting yourself into kid" he snickered.

"All bark and no bite?" I snarled, as I snapped at his front legs. He growled and took a step back. Fito snarled, drool dripping from his opened mouth, before I knew it he lunged at me.

I pulled up on my hind legs as he snapped his jaws at my throat. I moved away still on two legs, as he raised up high on his hind legs.

Fito smacked me with his giant paws trying to push me back to the ground, but I was to strong for that. I bit at his face my jaws finally finding some flesh, as I bit down onto his muzzle. Fito growled and opened his massive jaws causing me to loose my grip.

He snapped at my face again. When he finally realized he couldn't grab anything, he went for my ears. I was caught by suprise as he reached up for them. Thankfully he only got a nip, but it still hurt.

I pulled back, landing on all fours, as he did the same and we started to circle eachother once again. Blood dripped down form Fitos muzzle, and I could feel the blood trickle from my ear.

"Come in Rogue, that's all you got?" He pressed. "I thought I trained you better than that?".

"Those days are over" I barked.

"They aren't over till your dead" Fito barked back. I snarled at him and he returned it by lunging again. I went up on my hind legs, but he saw it coming. Quickly deciding to go under me, Fito grabbed my back leg and bit down hard. Yanking me onto my back.

I yiped as I felt his teeth sink in to my flesh. Fito tried to pull me across the dirt floor, but I quickly curled up into a ball and bit his neck. The Rot let go of my leg and tried to shake me off from his scruff, but I held on tight. The pain in my leg was brutal, but the emotions that flew in, covered it.

He yiped as my teeth sunk in deeper. His blood was metallic and dirty. Fito twisted his body and finally shook me from his neck. He staggered backwards and I took in my handy work, as I pushed myself back up from the ground. The Rot's neck was torn open and a fresh wound had appeared.

The blood.... the blood took me back....back to the fights when I was young, back to the basement. The whips of pain and the hungry nights in darkness. I growled and snapped my jaws angrily, as I felt my mind begin to slip. My pupils grew large, causing my eyes to appear all black. Finally, after all these years, there it was a flicker of fear in Fitos eyes. I rose high on all fours and puffed my chest up.