Chapter 18

It has been three days since the incident and I was feeling much better

It has been three days since the incident and I was feeling much better. My cheek was no longer swollen and it did not hurt when I moved my mouth anymore.

I haven't seen Emilio since he had checked on me the night of incident. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were taken to me by a maid, which made me very confused. Because if I remembered correctly Emilio had made it clear that I would prepare his meals.

I was starting to think that he wasn't as bad as I thought. He hasn't bothered me since the incident and I think he was concerned about my well-being at one point, but I couldn't be sure.

I wasn't going to let my guard down because he fed me soup, because anyone could have done that. The fact that he hasn't been demanding me to do any of his ridiculous task doesn't mean that he's changed, I would rather like to think that he was waiting until I was better to work me to death.

Fingers crossed he wouldn't need me to today. Maybe I could pretend to have a headache or something so that he wouldn't bother me.

I was lying in bed trying to come up with a reasonable excuse, if I would ever need one to get out of doing anything today.

Just then there was a knock on the door. I told whoever was on the other side to come in and a maid walked in and told me that the young master was requesting my presence in the kitchen. I nodded as a way to let her know that I heard her and she left.

"Ugh" I screamed into a pillow.

I swear he could read minds.

How did he even know that I was better? I thought.

Then it was like a light bulb went off in my head and the answer came to mind.

The maids.

Of course it was the maids. They were the only ones that had been in my room since the incident. They would come to clean the room and change my bandage.

I guess they were also in here to report back to their boss of my well-being.

Groaning in annoyance, I rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

I pulled on shorts and a t-shirt, along with sneakers and made my way to the kitchen. Walking inside I cleared my throat to announce my presence.

There he was sitting at his usual seat at the table by the window.

"Your highness" I bowed dramatically in mock praise.

"How may I help you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Glad to see that your brain still works. You have training today and I'm waiting on my breakfast" he said with a smug look on his face.

I was walking over to the fridge when what he said registered in my brain.

"Wait... training? Why would I need to train?" I asked confused.