Chapter 23

I woke up feeling someone pressed up against me, an arm over my waist and our feet a tangled mess

I woke up feeling someone pressed up against me, an arm over my waist and our feet a tangled mess. Following the hand to the face of the person, I was now looking at a sleeping Layla.

I couldn't help but admire her as she slept. She was the first woman that I have ever shared a bed with. I never allowed any other woman to sleep in my bed before, but here she was sound asleep.

She was different from the other girls I usually slept with. I might be holding her against her will, but I was sure that she wasn't sleeping with me for my money or I hoped she wasn't.

Last night when I saw that motherfucker's hand all her, I lost it. How dare he touch what was mine?

All I saw was red. If it wasn't for Luca, I probably would have killed that fucker. I was still itching to do it, but at the same time I needed him alive. He was my leverage against his bastard of a father, Boris.

I knew how much Boris loves his son and holding him captive while I beat the shit out of him would be the highlight of my day.

I needed answers. Answers that I wasn't sure I was gonna get from his son. But if I can't get it from him, then I'm sure his father would be more than willing to cooperate to get back his wimp of a son.

I have no idea how Boris plan to leave his empire to an idiot. That kid had no idea how to run shit. He couldn't even take care of his fucking self. How the hell was he gonna take care of hundreds of men.

Enough of that asshole, I thought as I focused back on this angel in my arms.

I'm not gonna lie, but I enjoyed every second of last night with her. I was surprised when she made the first move, but nonetheless impressed.

I was hesitant to go all the way with her, but I just wanted to fuck her so bad I couldn't help myself. She was so fucking tight; I had to fight back the urge to come too quickly.

She was beautiful. That dress that she had on last night showed off all her curves. I didn't want to send her in that club all alone, where I knew all those horny drunk men could see her. I was the only who should see her like that.

I had no idea why I was so possessive over her. All I had ever wanted since that night in the bar was to fuck her and now that I had gotten a taste, I wanted more.

I didn't expect to want her so much. I was just planning on screwing her and then throw her away like a used cloth. Now that has changed because I wanted her.

I have never cared for anyone apart from my mother and sister, but I cared for her. I cared way more than I should have or would like to admit.

It was a scary thing having feelings for someone that's supposed to hate you. It was scary having feelings at all.

Could she ever feel something for me too?

Probably not.

It was now 8am and I had business to take care of. Untangling myself from her, I got out of bed and made way to the bathroom. Taking a quick shower, I got dressed and made my way to the basement.