Chapter 26

Days passed and they still had me locked up in this room

Days passed and they still had me locked up in this room. The only time someone came in here was to give me food.

Lately I couldn't keep anything down. I know that there was something wrong with me, but at the same time I was scared to know what was wrong.

I was scared and alone, and if it was what I thought it was then I don't think I could do this by myself. He wasn't here. I was alone.

If I was pregnant, could I really take care of a baby all by myself?

At the same time I had nightmares of that day, the day when I saw his body unmoving on the ground. That was one of the worst days of my life.

I lost the only man that I ever truly felt something for, my parents found me and was keeping me a prisoner and to top it all off I was almost raped... by my brother.

That sick son of a bitch. All of them were crazy and I wanted nothing to do with them.

I had been planning my escape for these past few days. I just hope that I would be able to get out alive.

I was now sitting on the bed waiting for the man who always brought my food to me. I had a nice surprise for him.

Looking at the clock I counted down the seconds till he would be here.

3... 2...1

The door handle rattled as the person behind it opened the door. In he walked. He walked to me to place the plate on the bedside table.

"Where is the lamp that was here?" he asked just a I brought the lamp from behind me and hit him in the head with full force.

He fell on the floor with a thud. He wasn't moving so I checked to see if he was alive. I checked his pulse and saw that he was still alive, so I hurried out of the room.

I was walking down the hallway cautiously trying not to get caught when I heard shouting from a room a few feet ahead. Tiptoeing quietly to the door I stopped for a second when I heard what they were talking about.

"He's not dead and he's threatening to take our daughter from us. We can use this to our advantage and create a trap for when he comes for her. This is the perfect opportunity to take him out. I'm sure that if he had known that Masha was our daughter he would have used her to get to us" I heard a familiar male voice say.

"We could use Masha to lure him here. We know that he cares for her and the only reason why you wanted her here was to use her to get to him" a feminine voice replied.

"What are we gonna do with her after we've gotten what we wanted?" the same voice asked.

"We're gonna use her as payment for the debt we owe the French. I'm sure Victor would be more than happy to have her" the male voice answered.

At hearing that, I took a step back from the door.

They were planning to sell me, their own daughter. So that's why they were looking for me so that they could settle their scores.