Chapter 37

"Fuck" I groaned as I rolled over on the bed and slammed my hand on the annoying alarm

"Fuck" I groaned as I rolled over on the bed and slammed my hand on the annoying alarm. I never really used it unless I had somewhere important to be in the early morning. Today I was taking my monthly visit to one of my companies.

"Ten more minutes" Layla mumbled in her sleep.

I guess the alarm woke her up too, but as I took a better look at her I saw that she was already sound asleep again. I chuckled a little at the cute frown on her lips.

I rolled out of bed and did my morning routine. After my shower, I walked in my walk-in closet and got dressed. I wore one of my many suits and slipped on one of my expensive watch. I walked out the closet and went in front of the mirror to fix my tie.

"Where are you going?" Layla said in a sleepy voice, yawning at the end.

"Work. I already told you I have to go to the office today" I said walking over to the bed where she laid.

"Do you have to?" she pouted.

"You know that I have to" she let out a sad sigh as she gave me her best version of puppy eyes.

"Cute, but I still have to go. Emma is coming over, so you guys can do whatever it is that you girls do"

"We can have a spa day!" she cheered excitedly.

I will never understand women. One minute she was sad and the next, she was over excited. Sometimes it felt like I was walking on eggshells around her, but it was totally worth it. She always managed to put a smile on my face.

"I'll see you when I get back. Ti amo piccola" I said pecking her lips.

"Ok. Love you too" she called out to me.

I walked out the room and made my way to the driveway. My driver was waiting for me with the door open. I got inside and then we were off.

I made a few calls on my phone discussing a few upcoming deals. I wasn't behind on work since I had the best people to oversee when I wasn't around.

Lately I haven't been able to keep up with all my appearances. I had to send my personal assistants to sit in for me as I instructed them what to do. There were still a few businesses to take care of in different countries, but those would have to wait.

Ever since Layla got pregnant I haven't been traveling like I normally would. I wasn't planning on leaving her alone for a while, because I had promised I would be there for her and the baby. When things calmed down, then I would get back to my schedule.

"Mr. Moretti we're here" my driver informed after he parked the car in front of my office.

Moretti Pharmaceuticals.

I started this company in memory of my mother. She had passed away from cancer and ever since I started this company I had hired the best scientists to find a cure for cancer. So far they have come up short, but on the bright side they have come up with treatments that helped.