008. layers

Before everything was set in stone at the firm, she was constantly ridiculed. She didn't really care. Though, that seemed to get on their nerves the most.

She was walking back to her old office to grab some things to move to her newer one when her arm was grabbed harshly.

She was yanked into a small storage room, she didn't make a sound.

"How dare you." The man seethed. Jihyun looked surprised at the man in front of her. He was in his forties and had been working at the firm for 10 years, 5 years before Jinho took over for his retired father.

"Mr. Ho, I'm not sure what I did wrong. Care to enlighten me?" She smirked, crossing her arms and meeting his gaze at eye level thanks to her heels.

"You stupid bitch. 50% was supposed to be mine. Bi Jungho promised it to me."

"Ah... Bi Jinho's father. The retired, amazing lawyer. Are you sure he promised it to you?" She asked, not at all fazed by his angry look.

"You think you're so smart, huh?" He spoke, cornering her so that her back touched the shelf. She felt her heartbeat quicken but she didn't let it show.

"Harvard graduate, the best lawyer on the firm. Why don't you just go and do the thing that you were placed on the earth and leave the work to the men." He spoke darkly, his hand leaning against the side of her head.

"I would. If men like you did their jobs right. And explain to me what women were placed on this earth to do, I'm not so clear on that."

He huffed in annoyance.

"Clean the house, cook dinner and breakfast, bare children. That's all you're supposed to do."

"Oh, really. I'm assuming you can't do any of that so you need a woman to do it for you. It just proves to you how much more women are capable of."

"Just stand down little girl. Go home."

Jihyun scoffed, pushing the man away from her.

"Don't feel threatened by my presence. Your masculinity is so fragile, I don't want to break the part of you that you have. Go back to your desk, Mr. Ho, before I change my mind and fire you." She rolled her eyes at the man, before going to do her own business.

♚♚♚

After Jihyun took a shower and went to her desk to do her work, she got a text from Namjoon.

Jihyun bit her lip, not knowing how to respond. She didn't know that Namjoon knew her so well that he could read her so easily.

She didn't know she was able to be read so easily. Especially to someone like him.

she felt herself smile at the message and scolded her to be so giddy over the simple text

Namjoon didn't know what he was doing when he sent that message, he really did care for her though but he didn't want to pressure her. There was also the fact that he was falling for her despite knowing that he shouldn't. Since it was Jungkook's sister AND the fact that he was an idol.

All logic seemed to leave his mind when he thought of her though. His mind just went to wanting to hold her in his arms and protect her from all that wrongs her. Whether it's her problems with her family or the things that happen at work.

He wanted to protect her, even if she didn't want or need it.

Right now, at this moment, he needed to play it off. It was too early. He needed to peel back the layers of her first.

Jihyun frowned, feeling the unfamiliar ache in her chest

Jihyun frowned, feeling the unfamiliar ache in her chest. The feeling that she forbade herself from feeling.

Without thinking, her hands began to type. She snapped out of it and stared at the message she was about to send.

Did she really like him? Or dare she say, love him?

♚♚♚

Days passed and she got into the rhythm of being the boss.

She now had a large office, across from Jinho's on the top floor of the building where the two of them moved to. She got into a nice schedule that let her speak to her brother every day for a few hours. Just catching up with him, he loved to hear about cases that his older sister had and she loved to listen to any stories that he had about the boys.

She found herself smiling and laughing the hardest at the stories of Namjoon and Jungkook noticed, he would tell her many stories of his leader when he thought she looked tired, stressed or drained.

It always made her smile.

Jungkook wondered if the two of them were having a crush situation since Namjoon would always ask about her and what she was doing. He wondered why he didn't just text his sister himself and came up with many reasons.

Maybe he wanted to respect the boundary between him and his member's sister.

Maybe he wasn't close enough with her.

Maybe he liked her and was really scared to mess it up with her.

OR, maybe they're in a secret relationship and they got into a fight.

The last one was a bit far fetched but Jungkook thought it could be a possibility.

But in reality, after the very poorly covered up confession, neither one of them had the guts to speak to one another.

Jihyun was unknowingly scared of her feelings while Namjoon was in the same boat, except he knew he was afraid.

The two of them had feelings for each other, which wasn't too surprising since they were always so comfortable with each other but still mildly surprising since they barely know each other.

Unknowingly to each of them, Jungkook was planning with their staff to bring Jihyun on their bon voyage trip for her early birthday present.

Something that would undoubtedly bring them closer together. Whether they like it or not.