014. mother and father

They all packed their things that night and headed to the airport in a couple of hours.

Jihyun folded up her clean clothes into her suitcase and picked up her things neatly. She furrowed her brows when she got a call.

"Hello?" JIhyun said, sitting on the bed. Namjoon continued to pack.

"Josephine, you need to come back home." Jihyun froze at the use of her English name, more so when she realized that it was her mother calling.

"Josephine!" She yelled. Jihyun hurried away from anyone who might hear and into the bathroom.

"Mom- I-I can't go back to London. It's too sudden, I need to work-"

"You haven't been at work and we're not in London. We're in Seoul, we wanted to visit you since all you never do. Seriously, what kind of daughter ignores her own parents. You think now that you're older and made a meaningless name for yourself, you're better than us? Don't forget you raised you." JIhyun leaned against the counter, not being able to do anything else.

She took deep breaths, listening to her mother insulting her over and over again and taking credit for everything Jihyun accomplished on her own.

"...and who let you go on a tv show with Jungkook? Hm? Do you have no respect for me or your father? Do you know what kind of a shame that brings upon us? Are you stupid-"

"No! Mom, I'm not stupid. J-Just I'll be home tomorrow and... I'll need to go to work so I don't know when I'll be able to see you. Just... go back to London." Jihyun ended the call, rubbing her face and running her hands through her hair.

She walked out of the bathroom to see Namjoon looking at her.

"What gives her the right to insult me over and over again?" Jihyun starts to rant. "Like, I'm amazing. I'm smart and I know what I want and I'm not the worst person in the world, so where does she get all the things to insult me?"

Namjoon stares at her as she walks back and forth, switching between Korean, English and French. He sits there, picking up bits and pieces of her rants before having enough and going over to her.

He shuts her up with a soft kiss and she feels herself melting into him.

She forgot how good he tasted and how intoxicating his warmth was.

"Better?" He whispered. His dark eyes looking into hers. She avoids his gaze, turning her head. "Baby," he says. His hands softly cupping her chin to move her head to face him.

"Why are you still doing this?" She asks. Her voice was small and vulnerable.

Namjoon looks confused.

She shook her head. Breaking out of his grasp.

"Why are you still kissing me? Why are you acting like we're together?"

"Am I not supposed to? You liked kissing me as much as I did."

"I did- I do! But... even after everything I told you, you're not remotely afraid? I mean, I haven't told anyone. Celine knows because she was there when everything happened to me but... aren't you supposed to be running away from me?"

"I still don't understand, baby." She turns her back to him, her hands forming fists in her hair.

"Knowing one piece of my dark childhood, the burden of knowing and knowing that I would only talk to you about it, isn't that something you don't want?"

"I don't want to say you're damaged-"

"I am! I am damaged. Damaged beyond repair and if you're saying yes to a relationship, you're going to deal with it and that's something not a lot of people can handle."