TWO

Hotch parked the car in front of the station and then held the door open for Charlie as they walked into the station

Hotch parked the car in front of the station and then held the door open for Charlie as they walked into the station. The two made their way to the conference room as JJ was preparing the table for lunch.

"I ordered some extra food in case Ms. Pierce-"

"Charlie."

"Right. In case Charlie wanted to join us," JJ told him.

Charlie took a seat next to Reid."Agent Hotchner tells me I'm on some hit list. I assume this warrants a security detail."

"That is the most logical course of action," Reid nodded. "We were going to suggest the idea over lunch."

"What would it entail?"

"Round the clock surveillance," JJ replied.

"I just won the Daytona 500. The next race is closing in. It's days away in California. You'd be chasing your unsub while following the chaotic racing schedule of a NASCAR driver. We're talking constantly being on the road," Charlie stated. "Not to mention the press and Bentley."

"Bentley?" Reid was confused by the sentence.

"You're saying your dog travels with you?" Aaron was shocked by her revelation.

"Yes and no. We live in DC but he's on the road with me most of the time. Enzo and the crew usually get hotel rooms but I've rented a place for a few days in California. Bentley is with a dog sitter in DC."

"That works," JJ said. "We can patrol a house easier than a hotel room."

"This unsub isn't going to make it easy," Reid chimed in. "He could be anyone really."

The rest of the team arrived and gave Charlie the briefing she needed. It was specifics on the case and her connection to it all.

"So your saying your unsub is a man. That's practically 99% of people I work with. It's a male dominated sport," Charlie shook her head.

"What kind of day to day life style do you lead? Any men in your life," Morgan asked.

"No, I pretty much stay away from the parties. But the media is always following me so whoever you place on my detail has to be consistent," Charlie told them.

Rossi chimed in, "Well Hotch looks like you're on security detail."

"I'm sure Morgan can handle it," Hotch replied.

Prentiss interrupted, "I'm sure Mr. Pierce might feel more comfortable if you handled his daughter's security detail."

Charlie looked at Hotch. "My father called you in?"

"With several others," He replied. "A lot of the other managers were concerned about the safety of their drivers."

She shrugged, "Who am I to question the FBI? Just know I spend my free time on the track, exercising or self care. When we travel it's always on the road which means I'm driving cross country in my 1969 Chevy Camaro or whatever car you want me to drive. But let me state this clearly, I will be driving and if I need help then I will ask for it. Got it?"