TWENTY

Ryan blared Sturgill Simon in the car as the drive back to the track

Ryan blared Sturgill Simon in the car as the drive back to the track. Charlie and him were singing along. "It's been too long," Ryan said. "Too long since we've gone to a concert together."

Charlie laughed, "Oh come on. We went to one earlier in the year."

"Chase and Bubba want to go to Ireland during the break. Would you care to join? I know you've always wanted to travel to Europe and now you can."

"Tempting, but I haven't decided if I'm going to restore the Shelby Ford Mustang GT500CR I bought a while back during the break."

"Hey, you're half way there to being a Penske driver," Ryan chuckled.

"Yeah they finally said I have to stop driving Remington to tracks and stuff. That's why I've been stranded with Denny as my driver. Of course, if they were to offer me a brand new Toyota I wouldn't say no."

Ryan laughed, "A free car?"

"Yes, a free car. Brad has a few cars that were given to him. Hell, if Penske gets for to give me a Shelby Ford Mustang GT500CR then maybe we'll talk about signing a contract," Charlie laughed. "That is one hell of a car. Mmm, I can just image the feel and the roar of the engine."

"Car nerd," Ryan laughed.

"Says the man who loves his Ford Bronco a bit too much."

"It is a respectable vintage car that I love."

"Mhmm. You took one look at the engine of the Ford Bronco you were auctioning off and were so close to actually bidding yourself."

"I can't believe you want a vintage Ford and have a vintage Chevy. Shouldn't you be driving Toyotas?"

She shrugged, "As long as I don't advertise my cars they are fine with it. Although if they really want me to drive a Toyota then give me a free car."

"Char, you have enough money to buy your own," Ryan reasoned.

"Doesn't mean I want to. I may love Toyotas but I'd rather spend that money buying and restoring vintage car. Sure I bought a new car after my first Daytona win. Maybe I'll get a tattoo if I win the title this year."

"Oh that is something I would love to see."

"Who says it'll be visible? I could do what you did and just get a tattoo in a place that no one will see."

"There's a difference between men and woman. Swimming trunks are long while women tend to wear bikinis."

"I wear a one piece," she bluntly replied.

"I forgot about that. Well then, by all means. Does this mean you're considering Penske?"

"It all depends on what I can negotiate. I want to work on my car and that is nonnegotiable."

"How much do you work on the car?"

"I like to double check stuff like breaks and things. It gives me a peace of mind. I also like to know the car I'm driving because if I'm pushing it to the limits then we have to know each other. That's my philosophy. But that's just me."