FOUR

It became increasingly obvious to him that Charlie could drink like a sailor

It became increasingly obvious to him that Charlie could drink like a sailor. Then there was Adrian on the other hand who kept serving him drinks. By the time the clock struck midnight Aaron could already feel the alcohol coursing through his veins like liquid courage.

They walked down the street together as both of them were buzzed. "The night sky is so pretty," Charlie said as she looked up.

Aaron looked up at the sky with her and for the first time he saw it too. "Yeah, it really is."

"God I really love this city," she exclaimed.

Aaron smiled at how happy she looked. That pure look of joy. The two walked into their hotel room and changed into their pyjamas. Aaron moved to sleep on the couch but Charlie tried to pull him over to the bed.

"Charlie what are you doing?" He was slightly amused by her hilarious attempt given she wasn't that strong.

"We're sharing the bed," she pouted.

"You're drunk," he laughed.

"So? Why don't you laugh more? You look so grumpy all the time. It's hot but slightly depressing," she said.

A drunk man's words were a sober man's thoughts. That saying applied to this situation if you substituted man for woman. "Because I haven't found a reason to smile," he replied as he gave in and followed her to the bed. He planned on complying until she was asleep. Then he would sneak away to the couch.

"Well maybe you could smile for me then. It's such a shame to let it go to waste."

Aaron could feel her begin to nestle against him and before he could tell her to stop she was out like a light. Her grip on him was so strong that his only option was to turn off the bedside lamp and try to sleep while he could feel her hot breath against his chest and on his neck. Slowly he began to drift off into a deep sleep. The sound of her gentle breathing lulling him to sleep. A part of him wondered how long he could last before he gave in. After all he was only just a man and she was an attractive woman.

Light streamed into the room the following morning signalling it was time to wake up. One could only be thankful that they had hydrated enough to keep the hangover away. Aaron opened his eyes to see Charlie fixing her hair.

"Oh great, you're awake. Why don't you get changed and we'll go out for breakfast? We have one whole day to explore New Orleans and I am going to make sure you enjoy it."

There was a fire in her eyes that captivated him. A spark of determination and passion that drove her. She saw the world like Garcia did. With optimism and hope. But he wouldn't go so far as to say she was naive. No, she knew the darkness as well and despite all that still believed in the light.

Aaron promptly got changed in the restroom and then called the team as they drove to the breakfast spot Charlie had chosen.

"How's it going," Rossi asked.