TWELVE

The team was surprised as Charlie grabbed her things and threw them in the back seat and hopped into the passenger seat

The team was surprised as Charlie grabbed her things and threw them in the back seat and hopped into the passenger seat. Not because of her enthusiasm but by the fact that she had got in via the open window.

Denny laughed, "Really Char?"

"Force of habit James," she replied as she put on her seatbelt.

"Awe come on Char, you know I hate it when you call me James."

"It's your first name Denny. Come on Dr. Reid, we have to get going before traffic picks up."

"It's SoCal, there's always traffic," Denny stated.

"Well, James Dennis Alan Hamlin, you better put the pedal to the metal and actually drive," Charlie said.

"Awe come on. You know we can't get pulled over for another speeding ticket."

Reid got into the car. "Denny Hamlin, I would like to introduce you to Dr. Spencer Reid. For research purposes he would like to learn more about NASCAR racing."

Denny extended a hand. "Denny Hamlin, nice to meet you."

"Dr. Spencer Reid," Reid replied as he shook his hand. "I was reading up on your race record and it's pretty good. But you don't seem as popular with the fans."

Charlie laughed, "Did you find about about the-"

"Charlotte Pierce we are not going to talk about that," Denny interrupted her. "I'd rather talk about how people prefer Chase Elliot to me then about that."

"Honey, they prefer me to you. It's not my fault you have a very unapproachable facial expression," she smirked.

Denny sighed, "You said it anyways. I give up."

"Oh before I forget. Enzo wants us to stop making bets. He said we don't want a repeat of Pocono," she told him.

"What's Pocono," Reid asked.

Denny asked, "Should I respond?" Charlie nodded. "Pocono Speedway, also known as the tricky triangle. It's in Long Pond, Pennsylvania and we made a bet related to that track. I bet Charlie that I could place 2nd."

"I told him I'd take the lead on Jimmie Johnson and go neck and neck with him for 1st," Charlie told him.

Reid asked, "What happened?"

"Denny ended up wrecking and I may have also narrowly escaped a terrible wreck," she sheepishly replied.

"Basically from then on we were barred from making bets. They say we get too competitive," Denny summed up.